Text Only Skip to content
Skip header navigation.
Skip sub-section linksSTLCC Home » Admissions & Registration » Getting Started and Enrolled » Visiting Summer Students

Within this section

  • Calendars and Deadlines
  • Selective Admissions
  • Compass Placement Test
  • Accessibility Information
  • Counseling
  • Academic Programs
  • Payment Options
  • Withdrawal and Refunds
  • Get Connected
  • Student E-mail
  • Textbooks
  • Distance Learning
  • Study Abroad
  • General Information

Visiting Summer Students

If you are a student, visiting only for the summer:

  • Complete an admission application, even if you attended STLCC in the past. Select the "Visiting" application type.
  • Contact an academic advisor if you have questions about course selection and/or prerequisites.
  • Contact your college or university advisor to determine course transferability to your institution.
  • Register for summer classes.
  • If you only intend to enroll for summer, you are not required to attend a New Student Registration Workshop (NSRW). If you choose to enroll for fall classes, you will need to participate in NSRW.

If you are a RETURNING student who attended STLCC in the past, but did not attend the previous spring semester, you must:

  • Complete an admission application.
  • Contact the Enrollment Services office to see if test scores and/or transcripts are on file to register for courses that have prerequisites*.
  • If you are in good standing, check with an academic advisor if you have questions regarding course selection, prerequisite completion, transfer options or degree requirements.
  • If you are on restricted probation, you must meet with a counselor (not an academic advisor) before registering for classes.
  • Register for summer classes.

* Appropriate test scores, transcripts and current college or university schedules are used to determine placement in college-level courses. You must have documentation proving you have met course prerequisites before registering. In some cases, unofficial transcripts, report cards and current college or university schedules may be used by advisors to verify prerequisite completion. This documentation may be hand-carried or faxed.

To receive financial aid, GI Bill benefits, or transfer credit on your STLCC transcript, official transcripts are required. Transcripts are considered official when your college or university mails your transcript directly to STLCC. Hand carried copies are not considered official.

Transcripts are not automatically evaluated upon receipt. To determine credit transferability, complete a Transcript Evaluation Request form and submit it to the Enrollment Services office. Forms are available in the Admissions and Advising offices.

It is your responsibility to be sure you have everything in order prior to registration.