Within this section
- Aviation Job Training Programs
- Central Sterile Processing Technician
- Class A Commercial Truck Driving Program
- Community Health Worker
- IT Help Desk/End-User Support
- Life Science Laboratory Assistant
- Logistics, Warehouse & Distribution Specialist
- Patient Care Technician Training
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Phlebotomy Training
- Precision Machining Technology
- Truck Driving (CDL-A) Training
Environmental Remediation Technician: EPA Environmental Job Training Program
Next class starts January 2017. Apply now to start the interview, drug testing and class registration process. Please continue to check here if additional class dates are added.
The program offers an opportunity to participate in an intensive six-week training program. Participants who qualify receive technical training in environmental and occupational safety and health, including hazard abatement, and site remediation. The training is supported by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The courses allow participants to apply for state licensing in both Missouri and Illinois as lead and asbestos abatement workers, if eligible. Coursework in ecosystem restoration is also included to ensure participants are able to tap into the emerging “green jobs” market.
The primary goal of the Environmental Job Training Program is to prepare people with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely work in the abatement and remediation of asbestos, lead and other hazardous materials. The coursework was chosen to meet the needs of employers in the St. Louis Metropolitan Region so that program participants can pursue a career in the environmental remediation industry and maintain a living wage. The core curriculum focuses on the skills critical for entry-level work in the field. The training is broken into various modules, totaling 234 hours of training, and qualifies students for licenses and/or certification in Missouri and Illinois. These licenses and certifications are the key to successful job placement. The final module is a capstone course designed to reinforce important concepts and provide students with firsthand views of St. Louis area remediation sites.
Knowledge of, or experience in, construction to include re-hab work and do-it-yourself projects. Current valid driver’s license with reliable transportation is required.
Training consists of 234 hours of instruction, including several hours of “hands-on”. Class schedule will run 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday. Field trips and site visits will be included in each training session at a date / time to be determined during each class.
- Introduction to Environmental Technologies/First Aid & CPR
- Lead Abatement Worker Training
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction & General Industry
- Mold Remediation
- Asbestos Abatement Worker Training
- Hazardous Waste Site Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- Underground Storage Tank Remediation
- Ecosystem Restoration
- Stormwater Management
- and other environmental, occupational safety and health topics
For more information on this training program, including upcoming classes and how to get started, please contact Rene Dulle at 314-539-5296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.