Within this section
- Avionics (Aviation Electronics) Training
- Aviation Maintenance Technology Training
- Central Sterile Processing Technician
- Class A Commercial Truck Driving Program
- Class B Truck Driving Program
- Community Health Worker
- IT Help Desk/End-User Support
- Life Science Laboratory Assistant
- Logistics, Warehouse & Distribution Specialist
- Patient Care Technician Training
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Phlebotomy Training
- Precision Machining Technology
- Truck Driving (CDL-A) Training
Certified Nurse Assistant Training
This open enrollment training program for nurse assistants meets requirements of the Missouri Omnibus Nursing Act. The course exceeds the required 75 hours of classroom instruction and 100 hours of supervised on-the-job training. Class meets twice a week for 20 sessions; each four hours in length. The 100 hours of on-the-job training are in addition to the scheduled class time. Upon successful completion of the course the student is eligible to take the state examination. A strict attendance policy is enforced throughout this training. Intermediate proficiency in English or higher is recommended.
For more information on this program, please call 314-984-7777.
Course Content Includes:
- Training in basic nursing skills
- Fire safety
- Disaster training
- Nursing home resident safety and rights
- The social and psychological problems of nursing home residents
- Methods of caring for mentally confused residents such as those with alzheimer's disease and related disorders
- Food service
- Personal care
- Restorative nursing
- Infection control
- Special procedures
For the current class schedule, view the catalog.
Clinical And Field Work:
Some degree and certificate programs offered by the college require students to obtain clinical or other field experience as part of their course work. Students with criminal convictions or drug use may have difficulty progressing in these programs. Hospitals and facilities may mandate that a criminal background check and/or drug screening check (at the student's expense) may be conducted prior to placement in a clinical or field setting. Students not passing these checks may be prohibited from participating in the clinical or field experience thus rendering the student ineligible to satisfactorily meet the course/program requirements.
To enroll in this state approved training program; the student must be employable in a skilled nursing facility or intermediate care facility in direct resident care.
Prerequisites required at time of registration:
- Student must be 18 years of age
- Family Care Safety Registry-Worker Registration letter. The letter cannot be older than 6 months. You must bring the letter from DHSS not proof of payment. Register online at http://www.dhss.mo.gov/
Expenses*:Expenses the student will incur but not limited to:
- Fee is $1,099
- Text required and is not included in fee. Will be available at the Forest Park Bookstore
- State exam fee ($100) due at time exam is taken
- Certification fee ($20) due at time final exam is taken
- The cost of criminal background and/or drug screening
- Health examination (required)
- Immunizations (required to be current and documented)
- PPD (Two Step-required)
- Hepatitis B immunization series or signed waiver
- A uniform/scrub for the required on-the-job training
- Shoes for the required on-the-job training
- A watch with a second hand
- A stethoscope
- A gait belt
- Class room supplies
*Prices are subject to change.
How To Register:
Registration dates are determined each semester; please see the online catalog for current registration dates for this program.
Register in person only at the Forest Park campus, G 322-324.
Bring ALL prerequisites required at time of registration (listed on first page)
Payment is due at time of registration.
Withdrawal And Refund:
Requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing at the Forest Park campus, G Tower-322-324. The refund/withdrawal deadline for this Health Occupation program can be found in the current course schedule. Information is subject to change.