WHAT IS INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN?
Instructional design is the systematic selection or development of training curriculum to meet the expressed needs of a business. Corporate Services staff will work with you to initially identifying what your specific training need is and to also verify that it is actually a training need. Then once the training need is identified and understood, we will work with you to select the appropriate curriculum to meet that need. The appropriate curriculum may be an “off the shelf” product Corporate Services has already developed or owns that just needs to be customized for you. If we are unable to use existing curriculum to meet your training need, we will discuss engaging our pool of instructional designer(s) to work with you to develop a new solution that matches your unique situation.
WHAT ADDED VALUE DOES CORPORATE SERVICE’S POOL OF INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNERS BRING TO THE TABLE?
- A focus on the needs of the learners
- Creativity in designing engaging learning experiences
- A wide range of learning approaches to choose from
- Experience in a wide variety of industries
- Ability to develop a solution quickly, to meet your business demands
WHY INVEST IN INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN?
Organizations invest in our instructional design services for three basic reasons:
- Instructional design expertise is not available inside the organization.
- The organization cannot develop the training in the timeframe required without outside help.
- Off-the-shelf training doesn’t “fit” your organization’s needs
WHY INVEST IN DOCUMENTATION?
Reduced staffing has left many companies short-handed when it comes time to writing procedures, documenting new or complex machinery, or developing job aids to train workers. A large “brain drain” is imminent as baby boomers with extensive expert knowledge start to retire, taking their knowledge with them.
These companies typically benefit from:
- Faster completion of new equipment start-ups with up to 50% reduction in the time required
- Avoidance of expensive operator error on critical processes, with savings up to $500K or more
- Compliance with federal or client requirements
- Capture of essential expert knowledge that is irretrievable once lost
HOW DO I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN AND DOCUMENTATION SERVICES?
For more information on instructional design and documentation contact Don Robison at 314-539-5305.