Regional Interior Design Student Competition
Calling all interior design students! Enter your design projects in this year’s Boardwalk competition!
Student Design Competition Guidelines
Students may enter one project in each of the seven categories listed below. A maximum of three projects per student may be entered.
- Residential Design
- Specialty Projects
- Group Design Projects
- Hospitality Design
- Kitchen and Bath Design
- Commercial Design
- Healthcare Design
Please note that entries should be from work completed in your courses after the Summer 2017 semester. Previous winning projects are not eligible for submission. All design competition guidelines must be followed. If the guidelines are not followed, the judges reserve the right to eliminate the project from the competition.
Projects will be judged by professional interior designers from the following organizations:
- American Society of Interior Designers: Missouri East Chapter
- International Interior Design Association: Gateway Chapter
- National Kitchen and Bath Association: Missouri/Southern Illinois Chapter
- Judging will take place on January 9, 10, and 11.
- Winners will be notified by January 14th.
The professional organizations judging each category will also provide awards for the winning projects. Award amounts will be determined by each individual professional organization.
Gallery Opening & Awards Ceremony
First, second, and third place winners in each category will be on display in the Meramec Contemporary Art Gallery starting on January 24th.
January 24, 2019 | 4:30-6:30 p.m. | Meramec Contemporary Art Gallery
Humanities East Building
St. Louis Community College - Meramec
11333 Big Bend Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63122
This competition is open to undergraduate students enrolled in interior design programs at the following schools:
- Maryville University
- Missouri State University
- Saint Louis Community College
- Southeast Missouri State
- Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Stevens Institute of Business and Arts
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- University of Central Missouri
Erin LeClerc, ASID, IIDA, IDEC
St. Louis Community College
Interior Design Program Coordinator
Kitchen and Bath Program Coordinator