Paying for College
STLCC accepts direct payment in a variety of ways:
- Bank Account: STLCC accepts payments directly from a savings or checking account online
- Cash: Cash payments can be made in-person at a campus Cashier’s Office.
- Check: STLCC accepts check payments in-person, by mail and online.
- Credit/Debit Card: STLCC accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa,
- Money Order: STLCC accepts money orders in-person or by mail.
- Third-Party Payments (see details below)
STLCC offers a simple and secure way to spread tuition into payments. Offered by Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS), students can utilize this payment plan service for spring, summer, and fall terms. This is not a loan and no interest or financial charges are assessed. There is a $21 enrollment fee per semester. Tuition (does not include books) payments can be split in the following ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH): ACH payments are a simple bank-to-bank transfer of funds, which have been preapproved. Payments can be withdrawn from either a checking or savings account and are processed on either the 10th or 20th of each month until the balance is paid in full.
- Credit Card: The monthly payment can be automatically charged to a credit card on the 10th or 20th of the month until the balance is paid in full.
Seize the opportunity to earn money toward your degree, without having to pay it back through STLCC and private scholarships.
STLCC accepts third-party payment authorizations. When an external organization (not awarding a scholarship) makes a commitment to pay for a student's educational expenses, they are considered a third-party payer. The third-party organization must submit a letter of authorization to the Office of Student Accounts (STLCC Student Accounts, 3221 McKelvey Rd, Bridgeton, MO 63044). The authorization letter should include:
- Student's name and STLCC ID number
- Semester covered by funds (Fall, Spring, and/or Summer and year; i.e. Fall 2018)
- Type of charges and fees covered (tuition, fees, books, etc.)
- Third-Party contact (person’s name, address, and telephone number)
Third-party payers must pay the College directly. Organizations that pay or reimburse students directly will not be allowed to participate in third-party billing.