Welcome to STLCC
Education for Real Life, for Your Whole Life
That's our commitment to you.
Through a changing economy and sharp increases in the price of higher education, STLCC has provided opportunity for all. As the largest higher educational institution in the region, STLCC has served more than 1.3 million students. Over 50% of households in the St. Louis area are represented in our former and current student body. Since 1962, St. Louis Community College has held fast to the fundamental belief that education has the power to lift us up — as individuals, as communities and as a city.
Today, STLCC consistently ranks among the top associate degree-awarding institutions in the United States. As we launch students into new and better careers, four-year degrees and richer lives, we strengthen St. Louis one student at a time. View our mission and vision in greater detail here.
Paths and Programs
You have options when it comes to your educational goals at STLCC. We’re here to support you along whichever route you choose.
We uplift the community and impact the economy by preparing individuals for the modern workforce.
- For every $1 invested in their STLCC education, students receive a return of $5.10 in higher future income over the course of their careers.
- Every $1 of state or local tax money invested in STLCC returns $2.40 in benefits.
- STLCC’s annual impact on St. Louis is $2 billion, or approximately 1.9% of the total regional economy.
- STLCC contributes more than $178 million in taxable income to the Missouri economy each year.
- Compared with high school diploma-holders, associate degree graduates earn, on average, $10,600 more annually over the course of a working lifetime.
(Source: Economic Modeling Specialists, Inc., June 2015)