Welcome to Banner 9 Upgrade
Banner 9 is a major upgrade to the Banner Information System. It provides a completely new and up-to-date look and feel and is also compatible with all mobile devices! It delivers a number of important enhancements, including a modern user interface, enhanced navigation and process management tools, and new functionality across the Student, Finance, and HR systems. It will also give us greater flexibility as we’ll be able to run Banner on any modern browser. Some of its many new advantages include:
- Eliminates users’ browser compatibility problems and ends dependency on Internet Explorer
- Allow for full browser support (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, MS Edge)
- Simplify access using MySTLCC ID credentials
What’s new in Banner Admin (known as Banner forms or screens)?
- App Navigator welcome screen offers a “google like” experience for navigating throughout Banner Admin pages, and offering four ways to search.
What’s new in Banner Self-Service?
- Reorganization of the Banner Self-Service Administrative menu
- Attendance Tracking offers faculty members an easy, all-new tool for documenting student attendance, saving your registrar and financial aid officers time which we already have implemented in 2014.
- Advising Student Profile now consolidates a student’s profile, education, and career path on a single page.
- Banner Registration has been updated with intuitive registration tools and a mobile-friendly design to make it easier than ever for students, advisors, and administrators to use.
- Faculty Grade Entry now offers faculty members mobile capability for entering assignment grades and posting midterm, final, and incomplete grades. The application can then automatically compute a final grade. To make things even easier, faculty members can also import grades directly from their existing spreadsheets or their learning management system.