Clery Warning COVID-19
Monday, March 23, 2020
This warning to all STLCC community members is issued to comply with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) regarding emergency warnings and STLCC policies for compliance with the Clery Act.
To All Members of the STLCC Community,
At St. Louis Community College, the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and the St. Louis community comes first. STLCC’s COVID-19 Incident Response Team is constantly monitoring issues around COVID-19 that may directly impact our community. We are writing to inform you of recent developments relating to COVID-19.
Over the past two weeks, the College provided communications to students and employees related to COVID-19 developments impacting the STLCC community. STLCC has also created a specific COVID-19 webpage dedicated to our response to COVID-19. We continue to follow the guidance and response efforts of the federal government, the state of Missouri, and local authorities. Ongoing updates regarding STLCC actions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic will continue to be posted on https://stlcc.edu/messages/covid-19.aspx
Today, a student notified the College that they tested positive for COVID-19. This is the first positive test of a member of the STLCC community. The individual is a student at the Florissant Valley campus. The student was last on campus on March 13.
The College has notified the St. Louis County Department of Public Health to ensure they are aware of the student’s test results, and so that the Department of Public Health can follow-up as appropriate with any individuals who may have been exposed.
While this is the first case confirmed in the STLCC community, we are aware of the additional cases being reported in this region and remind everyone that we all have a role in slowing the spread of COVID-19. STLCC is working to quickly identify viable telework options and has moved instruction online in order to reduce the number of individuals required to be on campus.
We ask that you do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19 by following health-authority-recommended practices:
- Keep 6 feet or more of distance between yourself and others not residing in your home.
- Do not leave your home unless absolutely necessary.
- Discontinue in-person meetings and use virtual options if possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Keep hand sanitizer or wipes with you.
- If at all possible, avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Watch for cough, trouble with breathing, or other signs of respiratory infection.
- Monitor temperature for a fever above 100.4 degrees F (38 degrees C).
- Stay home when sick or if other family members are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to prevent infection.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
As stated above, ongoing updates regarding STLCC’s response to COVID-19 will be posted
on https://stlcc.edu/messages/covid-19.aspx. Please continue to follow best practices to keep yourself and other members of the
community safe and healthy.
The St. Louis Community College COVID-19 Incident Response Team