CDL-B Truck Driving
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Forest Park
The Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL-B) truck driving program is a two-week program which prepares the graduate to safely operate heavy trucks with air-brakes. Students will rotate through a combination of classroom training and maneuvers on a driving range, including 15 hours of driving experience using large trucks with manual transmissions.
This program is offered by demand only. Class schedules will be updated here when available.
CDL-B Truck Driving Program
Designed for those students who wish to obtain a Class B CDL license for delivery trucks, dump trucks, water trucks, waste trucks and concrete mixers. The program includes preparation for the CDL tests, shifting a manual transmission and basic skills instruction.
- Safety and Vehicle Control, including shifting a manual transmission.
- Pre-trip Inspection.
- Backing maneuvers: Straight-line, Off-set, Parallel, and Alley Dock.
- Road Driving (variety of roadways).
Requirements for Enrollment
- Must attend a free Truck Driving Information Session. Call 314-984-7777 to register. Information Sessions are held at 9:30 a.m. on the 1st, 3rd and 4th Thursday of each month and at 5 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- Complete online application.
- Valid Driver’s License (Missouri or Illinois) and more than one year of good driving history.
- High School graduate or equivalent and at least 18 years old.
- Pass DOT Physical and Drug Test.
Please call 314-984-7777 to register for a free information session and complete an online application. Completing the application is not course registration.
Still have questions? Contact Bahi Talundzic, Career Pathway Coach, at 314-644-9786 or firstname.lastname@example.org.