CDL-B Truck Driving
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Forest Park
The Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL-B) truck driving program is a two-week program which prepares the graduate to safely operate heavy trucks with air-brakes. Students will rotate through a combination of classroom training and maneuvers on a driving range, including 15 hours of driving experience using large trucks with manual transmissions.
This program is offered by demand only. Class schedules will be updated here when available.
CDL-B Truck Driving Program
Designed for those students who wish to obtain a Class B CDL license for delivery trucks, dump trucks, water trucks, waste trucks and concrete mixers. The program includes preparation for the CDL tests, shifting a manual transmission and basic skills instruction.
- Safety and Vehicle Control, including shifting a manual transmission
- Pre-trip Inspection
- Backing maneuvers: Straight-line, Off-set, Parallel, and Alley Dock
- Road Driving (variety of roadways)
Requirements for Enrollment
- Must attend a free Truck Driving Information Session. Call 314-984-7777 to register. Information Sessions are held at 9:30 a.m. on the 1st, 3rd and 4th Thursday of each month and at 5 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
- Complete online application
- Valid Driver’s License (Missouri or Illinois) and more than one year of good driving history
- High School graduate or equivalent and at least 18 years old
- Pass DOT Physical and Drug Test
Please call 314-984-7777 to register for a free information session and complete an online application. Completing the application is not course registration.
Still have questions? Contact Bahi Talundzic, Career Pathway Coach, at 314-644-9786 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to stay in-the-know as new cohorts become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.