Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Florissant Valley | Center for Workforce Innovation
STLCC offers North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) approved solar training courses from beginner to advanced levels.
Solar installations are increasing, fueling job opportunities for Solar PV Installation Techs. Average starting salaries in the St. Louis region is $35,000.
Participants in STLCC's Accelerated Solar PV Installation Tech training will gain fundamental knowledge to compete for solar entry-level installer positions.
Upon successful completion of this 8-week course, you will:
- Learn to calculate power potential and design Solar PV Systems for homes
- Install Solar PV systems (solar panels and inverters) on a mock roof
- Understand how Solar PV systems operate
- Be prepared to take the Solar PV Associate Exam through the National American Board of Certified Energy Professionals (NABCEP)
Cohorts start February, 2019 and April, 2019
- 8-week course, M/W/F evenings (5-9 p.m.)
- Classes held at the Florissant Valley campus – Center For Workforce Innovation
- 10 seats available per cohort
- Free of charge to qualified students (see eligibility requirements, below)
- Includes instruction, books and Solar PV Associate NABCEP exam
- High School diploma or High School Equivalency (GED or HiSET)
- Minimum WorkKeys scores required
- Workplace Documents – 5
- Applied Mathematics – 5
- Graphic Literacy – 4
- Priority given to residents of the Promise Zone with driver's license
- Those who do not meet these eligibility requirements are invited to consider STLCC's NABCEP Solar Certified courses, which are offered each semester through STLCC Continuing Education.
To be considered for the next class:
1. Call 314-984-7777 to register for a free solar information session. The information session is required in order to learn more about the program and eligibility requirements.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
Tuesday, Jan. 22 and 29, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Held at STLCC-Florissant Valley - Center for Workforce Innovation
2. Arrive prepared to complete an application, including work history