Missouri Manufacturing Technician I
Offered through Advanced Manufacturing, Industrial Occupations & Transportation
@ Center for Workforce Innovation
Rapidly skill-up for entry level employment in advanced, high performance manufacturing. Our accelerated hybrid classroom/online training format supports personalized learning and computer literacy, preparing you for multiple valuable credentials.
New Grant-funded Training Opportunity
This training is available at no cost to qualifying students thanks to a partnership with Job Corps Scholars, PepsiCo Uplift Scholarships, the Luber Scholarship and the MoAMP program. Program staff will work with you to determine which of these funding sources is the best fit for you.
Prepare yourself with a powerful blend of manufacturing know-how, credentials and team building skills that employers seek.
In four weeks, prepare for valuable, recognized credentials that signal to employers your understanding of workplace safety and manufacturing skills:
- Prepare and sit for two Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production
Technician (CPT) exams:
- MSSC Safety CPT Exam: Work in a safe and productive manufacturing workplace. Perform safety and environmental inspections. Perform emergency drills and participate in emergency teams. Identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action. Provide safety orientation for all employees. Train personnel to use equipment safely. Suggest processes and procedures that support safety of work environment. Fulfill safety and health requirements for maintenance, installation, and repair. Monitor safe equipment and operator performance.
- MSSC Quality Practices and Measurement CPT Exam: Participate in periodic internal quality audit activities. Check calibration of gages and other data collection equipment. Suggest continuous improvements. Inspect materials and product/process at all stages to ensure they meet specifications. Document the results of quality tests. Communicate quality problems. Take corrective actions to restore or maintain quality. Record process outcomes and trends. Identify fundamentals of blueprint reading. Use common measurement systems and precision measurement tools.
- Prepare and sit for OSHA 10-Hour General Industry credential
- Develop your skills with hand tools, mathematical measurements/conversions and blueprint reading
- Upon successful MSSC CPT Safety and CPT Quality certifications, receive Missouri Manufacturing Technician I Certificate
NO FEE! This training is available at no cost to qualifying students thanks to a partnership with Job Corps Scholars, PepsiCo Uplift Scholarships, the Luber Scholarship and the MoAMP program. Program staff will work with you to determine which of these funding sources is the best fit for you.
Register now for the next 4-week class!
MMT has transitioned to a hybrid offering (combination of in-person and online virtual
Student must be able to attend in-person sessions during these times. Hybrid courses require strong time management skills. Expect to spend 30 hours per week on online training modules.
18 years of age or older and HS diploma or GED
Must complete Manufacturing Portal: Soft Skills Training, Excel for Business and OSHA 10
Resume will be required on first day of Portal training.
Ready to apply? Complete the following form to initiate your interview:
Want to stay in-the-know as new class offerings become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.