The St. Louis Community College Apprenticeship Institute is a primary resource for encouraging, supporting and connecting apprenticeship sponsoring companies to relevant related technical instruction along with identifying emerging occupations/sectors for possible new apprenticeship opportunities.
The Apprenticeship Institute seeks to provide personal support and guidance for companies and their apprentices throughout their apprenticeship training ultimately enriching lives, our community and economic growth.
STLCC is a member of US-DOL’s Regional Apprentice Community College (RACC) network of colleges and Registered Apprenticeship programs. We are working to provide college-to-career opportunities to a significant number of students/workers.
The Registered Apprenticeship system provides a wide array of benefits.
For apprentices, benefits include:
- Improved skills and competencies that meet the specific needs of the employer (or industry sector)
- On-the-job training and occupation focused education
- Career advancement
- Industry issued, nationally recognized credentials
For employers, benefits include:
- Customized training that results in highly skilled employees trained to industry/employer
Increased productivity and knowledge transfer
- A stable and predictable pipeline for the development of qualified workers
- A systematic approach to training that ensures that employees are trained and certified to produce at the highest skill levels required for that occupation
For assistance with developing or modifying your apprenticeship program please call Becky Epps at 314-513-4271.