Every year St. Louis Community College offers variety of study abroad opportunities. These programs are led by STLCC faculty and staff. Participating students receive credit and gain international experience and knowledge that only exploring other cultures and countries can offer. See our complete list of programs to find out which program best suits you.
To allay health concerns related to COVID-19, or Coronavirus, and to assure the safety of our students and faculty the College will only offer semester-long study abroad programs during the 2021-2022 academic year. Covid vaccination is required for all participants. We monitor the world situation and the state department travel warnings and make necessary adjustments. We will continue to provide online international education content and resources.
Registration and payment schedules for study abroad are significantly different from deadlines for campus-based courses due to travel arrangements and deadlines imposed by vendors. Please plan ahead!
Students need a valid passport to participate. Most countries require the passport to be valid at least six months beyond the dates of the trip. Visit the U.S. passport website for more information on US passports.
Study Abroad Programs
|Canterbury, England||Jan - May 2022||Semester Abroad – General|
|Scotland||June - Aug 2022||Summer Semester – General|
|Canterbury, England||Sept - Dec 2022||Semester Abroad – General|
|China||Jan - May 2022||Semester Abroad – General|
*Program info and dates are tentative and may change
- Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- Covid vaccination is required for all participants.
- Some programs have academic prerequisites.
- Cost of the short-term programs (7-21 days) usually ranges from $2,000-$5,000 per person.
- Semester abroad programs range from $5,000-$9,000 plus air ticket depending on destination.
- STLCC tuition is in addition to the program cost in some cases.
- Early deposits are required. Non-refundable restrictions and cancellation penalties apply.
- Programs usually require 12 or more participants.
- Financial aid and campus based study abroad scholarships could apply in some cases. Students should check with the Financial Aid office to determine if they qualify for financial aid.
Other Study Abroad Opportunities
Outside study abroad programs and scholarship opportunities may be available such as the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange, Boren, Gilman, Fund for Education Abroad, Critical Language Scholarship, etc.
Detailed information about the study abroad programs and other international programs can be obtained by contacting:
District Coordinator for International Education