Every year St. Louis Community College offers variety of study abroad opportunities. These programs are led by STLCC faculty and staff. Participating students receive credit and gain international experience and knowledge that only exploring other cultures and countries can offer. See our complete list of programs to find out which program best suits you.
To allay health concerns related to COVID-19, or Coronavirus, and to assure the safety of our students and faculty, the College will offer only semester-long study abroad programs in 2022/23.
The College requires covid vaccination for all participants.
We monitor the State Department travel advisories and we make necessary adjustments accordingly.
We will continue to provide online international education content and resources.
Study Abroad Programs
|Canterbury, England||Sept-Dec 2022||Semester Abroad – General|
|Stirling, Scotland||Sept-Dec 2022||Semester Abroad – General|
|Canterbury, England||Jan-May 2023||Semester Abroad – General|
|China||Jan-May 2023||Semester Abroad – General|
|Stirling, Scotland||Jan-May 2023||Semester Abroad – General|
|Virtual Ireland||Flexible||Global Education|
*Program information and dates are tentative and may change.
*Other destinations and programs may be available and optional. Contact the coordinator.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- The College requires covid vaccination for all participants.
- Some programs have academic prerequisites.
- Cost of the short-term programs (7-21 days) usually ranges from $2,000-$5,000 per person.
- Semester abroad programs range from $5,000-$9,000 plus airfare depending on destination.
- STLCC tuition is in addition to the program cost in some cases.
- Early deposits are required. Non-refundable restrictions and cancellation penalties may apply.
- Programs may require 12 or more participants.
- Financial aid and campus based study abroad scholarships could apply in some cases. Students should check with the Financial Aid office to determine if they qualify for financial aid.
Registration and payment schedules for study abroad are significantly different from deadlines for campus-based courses due to travel arrangements and deadlines imposed by vendors. Please plan ahead!
Students need a valid passport to participate. Most countries require the passport to be valid at least six months beyond the dates of the trip. Visit the U.S. passport website for more information on US passports.
External study abroad programs and scholarship:
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange
- Boren Awards
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Fulbright Programs
Detailed information about the study abroad and other international programs can be obtained by contacting:
District Coordinator for International Education