Every year St. Louis Community College offers study abroad opportunities to different destinations and from various academic fields. Participating students may receive academic credit and gain international experience and knowledge that's unique to exploring other countries and cultures. See our list of programs below and choose the one that best suits you.
Study Abroad Programs
|Virtual Ireland||Flexible||Global Education|
|Canterbury, England||Jan. - May. 2024||Semester Abroad – Various course options|
|Stirling, Scotland||Jan. - May. 2024||Semester Abroad – Various course options|
|Netherlands||May 20 - 29, 2024||Field Photography|
|England and France||May 31 - Jun 10, 2024||80th Anniversary of D-Day at Normandy|
|Stirling, Scotland||Summer school 2024||Various course options|
|Canterbury, England||Sep. - Dec. 2024||Semester Abroad – Various course options|
|Stirling, Scotland||Sep. - Dec. 2024||Semester Abroad – Various course options|
|China||Sep. - Dec. 2024||Semester Abroad – Various course options|
*Program information and dates are tentative and may change.
*Other destinations and programs may be available and optional. Contact the coordinator.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
- Some programs have academic prerequisites.
- Cost of the short-term programs (7-21 days) usually ranges from $2,000-$5,000 per person.
- Semester abroad programs range from $5,000-$9,000 plus airfare depending on destination.
- STLCC tuition is in addition to the program cost in some cases.
- Early deposits are required. Non-refundable restrictions and cancellation penalties may apply.
- Programs may require 12 or more participants.
- Most programs require the ability to walk long distances both on gravel paths, uneven pavement and terrain.
- Special accommodations may not be available in all destinations.
- Notify the Access Office if any disability accommodations are needed.
- All participants must read, understand, and complete/sign the ‘Study Abroad Program Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement’ provided at the beginning of the application process.
- Financial aid and campus based study abroad scholarships could apply in some cases. Students should check with the Financial Aid office to determine if they qualify for financial aid.
Registration and payment schedules for study abroad are significantly different from deadlines for campus-based courses due to travel arrangements and deadlines imposed by vendors. Please plan ahead!
Students need a valid passport to participate. Most countries require the passport to be valid at least six months beyond the dates of the trip. Visit the U.S. passport website for more information on US passports. Visa may also be required for some destinations.
External study abroad programs and scholarships:
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange - Germany
- Bootcamps - France
- Boren Awards
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Fulbright Programs
Detailed information about study abroad, scholarships, and other international programs can be obtained by contacting:
International Education Coordinator