We are excited to welcome you to be part of our St. Louis Community College family! We know that you are excited about starting college and choosing courses that are right for you
Steps to Completing the New Student Registration Workshop
To get you off to a great start, we are requiring you to complete our three-step New Student Registration Workshop.
Step 1: New Student Presentation – available online or in-person at one of our computers in advising
Step 2: Academic Advising – in-person or virtually
Step 3: Registering for Classes
Before you Start the NSRW
- Apply for admission and receive your MySTLCC ID
- Set up your MySTLCC ID (example: “jdoe63”, not your “A Number”)
- Log in to Navigate – use your MySTLCC username and password to log in. Navigate will keep you updated on important deadlines, events and activities.
- Submit transcripts from high school and any college credits earned.
- Review placement requirements. You may also check your placement requirements on Navigate.
You have two options for viewing the presentation –online through Blackboard or at one of our advising locations.
- Log in to Blackboard (use Chrome or Firefox)
- Under My Courses click on “New Student Registration Workshop Video”
- Click on the Start Here link on the left toolbar
Viewing in-person - drop-in during normal business hours to any one of our advising locations.
Once you have completed Academic Advising, you will be able to schedule and register for your classes.
- How to Look up Classes and Register
- Watch this video on how to register.
- Staff Assistance is available in-person or over the phone - Enrollment Services or Academic Advising
After You Complete the NSRW
All new students are encouraged to attend Archer Orientation. The orientation sessions are designed with your success in mind. Each session is led by staff, faculty and successful student leaders and covers:
- Tips for transitioning to college
- What you can expect from classes
- An inside look at campus and how to find your classrooms
- Campus resources and services
- Setting up your student email, Banner Self-Service and Blackboard
- Getting your student ID and parking pass
- Archer Orientations are completely free and available at each of our campuses and education centers.
Yes, New Student Registration Workshop is mandatory for all first-time-in-college students and dual enrollment students. We want you to have the information you need when getting started at STLCC.
No, you are welcomed to come to one of our locations to view the presentation.
You should contact our Help Desk at 314-539-5113. If you continue to have issues someone in academic advising will be able to assist.
No, if you are a first-time-in-college student or dual enrollment student you will need to complete the New Student Registration Workshop in order to register for your classes
We will need to have your official placement information on record before you can start Step 2 – Academic Advising. Your advisor will need this information to make course recommendations. If you have questions about what information is needed for placement, please visit www.stlcc.edu/placementprep.