Florissant Valley Theatre
Welcome to the Terry M. Fisher Theatre at Florissant Valley. The FV Theater department is a program dedicated to giving its students a creative applied education in theater, allowing students a comprehensive liberal arts education through theater. We are also the home of the Florissant Valley Theatre of Deaf.
The Terry M. Fischer Theatre Presents
BY DAVID LINDSAY-ABAIRE
Directed by Daniel J. Betzler
Performances: April 27 at 11:15 a.m., April 28* and 29 at 7:30 p.m.,
April 30 at 2 p.m.
Children 16 years of age and older will be welcome to this production
*Interpreted for the deaf and hard of hearing
Produced by special arrangement with DRAMATISTS PLAY SERVICE INC.
THE STORY: Welcome to Southie, a Boston neighborhood where a night on the town means a few rounds of bingo, where this month’s paycheck covers last month’s bills, and where Margie Walsh has just been let go from yet another job. Facing eviction and scrambling to catch a break, Margie thinks an old fling who’s made it out of Southie might be her ticket to a fresh new start. But is this apparently self-made man secure enough to face his humble beginnings? Margie is about to risk what little she has left to find out.
Follow us on Social Media
- All theatrical productions at STLCC are offered free of charge.
- A streaming production does require a streaming ticket. Streaming tickets are free.
- In person viewing/seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Photography and digital recording are strictly prohibited for all STLCC theatre productions.
- Food and drink are not allowed within the theater auditorium.
- No children under 10 years old, unless it’s a specifically marked children’s theater.
- Our evening theater performances start at 7:30 p.m.
- We request that patrons turn off cellular phones during the performance as a courtesy to our performers and your fellow patrons.
- St. Louis Community College is tobacco free. Use of tobacco products is prohibited on all college property.
Are you interested in being in the spotlight? Or bringing a production to life through set and light design? We offer many opportunities for you to get involved with theater on all our campuses. From onstage to backstage you will leave STLCC with the skills necessary to continue working in the theater arts.
For audition and technical opportunities click here.