#GivingTuesday, Employee Raffle Will Support Scholarship Fund
Thursday, November 17, 2022
For the past 60 years, STLCC has provided educational opportunities for diverse groups from all walks of life, including adults who are revisiting a degree or seeking a diploma for the first time. Many adult learners work full time and have families to support; these factors require a delicate balance to ensure success.
This year, the College is asking friends, alumni and STLCC employees to support these students by making a donation to the STLCC 60th Anniversary Scholarship. All donations to this fund will directly support scholarships for adult learners, giving them the chance to accomplish their academic goals.
In support of this effort, the STLCC Foundation is once again participating in #GivingTuesday, a campaign to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season. Coming just after two well-known days for getting deals, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support nonprofit organizations.
This year, #GivingTuesday falls on Nov. 29. To encourage and show appreciation to STLCC employees who choose to support this effort, the STLCC Foundation will once again host an employee giving raffle in conjunction with #GivingTuesday. All employees who donate to the STLCC Foundation on #GivingTuesday (Nov. 29) through Dec. 15 will be eligible for a chance to win one of six raffle items. Eligible donations include one-time gifts, new payroll deductions or an increase to an existing payroll deduction.
Employees should follow the steps below to make a payroll deduction:
- Log into Banner Self-Service
- Click “Employee” Tab
- Select “Foundation Payroll Deduction Entry”
- Complete form and select a designation of your choice
- Click “Send Pledge” to complete your payroll deduction
To make a one-time gift:
- Donate online at stlcc.edu/give
- Mail donations to the STLCC Foundation at 3221 McKelvey Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044
The raffle items* include:
- 3-month MVP membership to Club Carwash, Value $120
- Bommarito of Hazelwood, $100 Service coupon (minimum $200 purchase)
- Wine basket featuring three bottles (Castello Romitorio Romitoro 2018, Sunday Funday Sparkling Rosé Brut and Round Pond Sauvignon Blanc 2020), Value $62
- Target gift card, value $50
- STLCC swag including t-shirts, water bottle, coffee mug, coaster set, small portfolio, STLCC window decal and three-pack of STLCC branded golf balls, Value $45
* Raffle items will be assigned to six winners at random and will be available for pickup at Corporate College, 3221 McKelvey Road, Bridgeton, MO 63044. Delivery to a campus location is also an option.
For questions, contact STLCC Foundation at email@example.com or 314-539-5216.