ACE Personal Trainer Certification Prep
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Continuing Education
@ Forest Park | Meramec
Become a certified personal trainer! Designed to provide the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification Exam and become an effective personal trainer, this course presents the ACE Integrated Fitness Training (ACE IFT®) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client’s unique health, fitness and goals. This program will provide a certification for personal training or personal training certifications. This is not an online personal trainer certification.
Please call 314-984-7777 to register for classes by phone, or click the button above to register and pay online.
NEW! ACE® Personal Trainer Information Session
This free information session explains the process and curriculum of the ACE® Personal
Trainer Certification Prep Course. Determine what to expect in the 10-week course
by learning the course topics and methods to prep for the ACE Personal Trainer exam.
This information session is not mandatory.
PEDU:753 | 1 session | NO FEE
ACE® Personal Trainer Certification Prep Course
Ready for a career change? Become a certified personal trainer! Fee includes cost
of exam, textbook, study guide and sample test. Additional fee to retake exam. Voucher
for exam must be used within six months of date received.
PEDU:753 | 10 sessions | $552 AGE 60+ | $695 REG
Need-based funding assistance may be available through WIOA and SkillUp. Please inquire.
New cohorts will also be offered during fall and spring semesters.
Designed to give you the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the ACE® Personal Trainer Certification Exam and become an effective personal trainer, this course presents the ACE® Integrated Fitness Training (ACE® IFT) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client’s unique health, fitness and goals. The information covered and the ACE® IFT Model will help you learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
Key topic areas covered include:
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavior change and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- The ACE integrated fitness training model
- Building rapport
- Health and exercise history information assessment
- Functional training: assessments, programming and progressions for posture, movement, core, balance and flexibility
- Physiological assessments
- Resistance training: programming and progressions
- Cardiorespiratory training: programming and progressions
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice and business strategies for personal trainers
- Special exercise programming topics: mind-body exercise, special populations and exercise implications of common musculoskeletal injuries
Due to the specialized nature of this class, no refunds will be issued one week prior to the class start date. Student must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma/GED. Student must hold CPR/AED certification before taking exam. Background check may be required for certification. Please review the ACE® Certification Candidate Handbook for more information on eligibility. Registration/withdrawal deadline: 5/19; no refunds after that date.
ACE® is a registered trademark of American Council on Exercise.