Boeing Pre-Employment Training
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Florissant Valley | Center for Workforce Innovation
Build something amazing. Since 2007, Boeing and STLCC's innovative workforce development partnership has trained and positioned job candidates for successful careers at Boeing.
Update as of Oct. 15, 2020
The Boeing Pre-employment Program is back in operation. We encourage you to submit your resume as the first step in the selection process.
Please note that the program must adhere to COVID-19 guidelines (e.g. limits on numbers / distance in the building).
Thank you for your interest in the Boeing Pre-employment Program. We look forward to working with you!
Looking for an exciting career at Boeing?
STLCC offers two training pathways for assembly mechanic jobs at Boeing. The training is free and ideal for those who are mechanically inclined and able to pass pre-screening assessments.
Not only will you develop the important technical skills and the soft skills (like teamwork and communication) that Boeing seeks, as a graduate, you will be guaranteed an interview with Boeing.
A No Cost Program for Students
Currently there is no cost to students to attend either Boeing Pre-Employment Training track (SMAR or composites).
All costs are covered by a combination of resources provided by Boeing, St. Louis Community College and the Missouri Division of Workforce Development.
Two Assembly Mechanic Training Tracks
Sheet Metal Assembler & Riveter (SMAR)
208 hours of training
5 weeks | 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
8 weeks | 5-10 p.m., Monday-Friday
128 hours of training
3 weeks | 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
4 weeks | 5-10 p.m., Monday-Friday
All training classes are offered on a hiring need basis by The Boeing Company, St. Louis. Composite Classes are not being offered at this time.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- WorkKeys Tests
- Lay-out/Measuring Assessment
- Pre-screen with Boeing staff (composites only)
How to Apply
- Send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to include all skills, hobbies, tools and work experience that would reflect your mechanical aptitude on the resume.
- Once we have received your résumé, applicants will be contacted by program staff and scheduled for WorkKeys assessments.
- Required WorkKeys Scores:
- Applied Math – 4
- Graphic Literacy – 4
- Workplace Documents – 5
- To find out more about the WorkKeys assessments please visit www.workkeys.org.
- There is no cost for the first round of WorkKeys assessments; however, if you do not meet the required score(s) and wish to retest, there is a $20 per assessment fee.
- Composites Only: Pre-Screening with Boeing Staff. Upon successful completion of all testing requirements, Boeing composite staff will review your résumé and, if accepted, invite you for a face-to-face meeting for eligibility into the Composite classes. Those applicants not selected for the Composite pathway are still eligible for the Sheet Metal class.
A minimum score of 75% is required on each graded tests/projects.
Those who successfully complete the program will receive an interview with Boeing. Participation in this program does not guarantee employment.
For additional information and details on the application process, please call 314-513-4602.
Want to stay in-the-know as new class offerings become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.