Missouri Manufacturing Technician I
Accelerated Job Training
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Center for Workforce Innovation
Rapidly skill-up for entry level employment in advanced, high performance manufacturing. Our accelerated hybrid classroom/online training format supports personalized learning and computer literacy, preparing you for multiple valuable credentials.
Prepare yourself with a powerful blend of manufacturing know-how, credentials and team building skills that employers seek.
In four weeks, prepare for valuable, recognized credentials that signal to employers your understanding of workplace safety and manufacturing skills:
- Prepare and sit for two Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production
Technician (CPT) exams:
- MSSC Safety CPT Exam: Work in a safe and productive manufacturing workplace. Perform safety and environmental inspections. Perform emergency drills and participate in emergency teams. Identify unsafe conditions and take corrective action. Provide safety orientation for all employees. Train personnel to use equipment safely. Suggest processes and procedures that support safety of work environment. Fulfill safety and health requirements for maintenance, installation, and repair. Monitor safe equipment and operator performance.
- MSSC Quality Practices and Measurement CPT Exam: Participate in periodic internal quality audit activities. Check calibration of gages and other data collection equipment. Suggest continuous improvements. Inspect materials and product/process at all stages to ensure they meet specifications. Document the results of quality tests. Communicate quality problems. Take corrective actions to restore or maintain quality. Record process outcomes and trends. Identify fundamentals of blueprint reading. Use common measurement systems and precision measurement tools.
- Prepare and sit for OSHA 10-Hour General Industry credential
- Round out your technical toolkit with professional development that spans:
- team building
- employment strategies
- computer literacy – Excel and Outlook
- Develop your skills with hand tools, mathematical measurements/conversions and blueprint reading
- Upon successful MSSC CPT Safety and CPT Quality certifications, receive Missouri Manufacturing Technician I Certificate
NO FEE! This program is funded under a state grant. It is offered at no fee to students selected for the program.
Upcoming 4-Week Class
Starts February, 2020
16 years of age or older
WorkKeys scores: Workplace Documents – 3; Applied Math – 3; Graphic Literacy – 3
Ready to apply? Complete the following form to initiate your interview:
Want to stay in-the-know as new cohorts become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.