AHCE:785 F01 | TuTh 4-7 p.m. | Joann Devine | Sept. 18-Nov. 13 | FP - B, 417
NOTE: No class 10/16.
- Basic anatomy pertinent to blood collection
- Communication skills
- Specimen processing
- Related interdisciplinary tasks
- Lab experience of blood drawing techniques
- Practical experience of blood drawing techniques in the clinical setting
The 100 hours of clinical experience is in addition to the scheduled 48 hours of class time. Only day shift hours are available for clinical experience; no weekend hours. Time off from work may be required to complete clinical. A strict attendance policy is enforced throughout this training.
Expenses the phlebotomy student will incur include, but are not limited to:
- Fee: $805 (Age 60+: $568.50)
- AHA BLS Healthcare Provider CPR certification: $75
- Text required and not included in fee; text available in Forest Park campus bookstore
- Supplies list will be provided
- Student must be 18 years of age (proof of age required)
- High school diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Test Letter stating a minimum score of 8.9 on both Vocabulary and Comprehension tests and a minimum score of 7.0 Mathematics Concepts and Application. TABE Test/Retest fee is $11.
- Family Care Safety Registry-Worker registration letter. Only original letter will be accepted. Letter cannot be older than six months. Register online at www.dhss.mo.gov to obtain letter. Registry fee: $13 +processing fee.
Clinical and Field Work
Some degree and certificate programs offered by the college require students to obtain clinical or other field experience as part of their course work. Students with criminal convictions or drug use may have difficulty progressing in these programs. Hospitals and facilities may mandate that a criminal background check and/or drug screening check (at the student's expense) may be conducted prior to placement in a clinical or field setting. Students not passing these checks may be prohibited from participating in the clinical or field experience, thus rendering the student ineligible to satisfactorily meet the course/program requirements. Students should contact Program Coordinator Robin Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-539-5785 or an academic advisor for further details.
How to Register
Registration for this class is in person only.
- Complete a registration form and bring it with you to the Forest Park campus, Student Center 125
- Bring all prerequisites required (see above) at time of registration
- Payment is due at the time of registration
Withdrawals and Refunds
Requests for withdrawal must be submitted in writing at the Forest Park campus, Student Center 125. Registration/refund/withdrawal deadline: 9/11. No refunds after that date.
Information subject to change.