Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Continuing Education
@ Forest Park
This course provides classroom, lab instruction and clinical experience to prepare for entry-level employment as a phlebotomist.
Healthcare Workforce Training Hotline
Want to stay in-the-know as new cohorts become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. (Text message and data rates may apply.)
- Basic anatomy pertinent to blood collection
- Communication skills
- Specimen processing
- Related interdisciplinary tasks
- Lab experience of blood drawing techniques
- Practical experience of blood drawing techniques in the clinical setting
The 100 hours of clinical experience is in addition to the scheduled 48 hours of class time. Only day shift hours available for clinical experience; no weekend hours. Time off from work may be required to complete clinical. A strict attendance policy is enforced throughout this training.
- Student must be 18 years of age (proof of age required)
- High school diploma or a High School Equivalency Certificate
- You may be required to take a college placement test.
- Family Care Safety Registry-Worker registration letter. Only original letter will be accepted. Letter cannot be older than six months. Register online at www.dhss.mo.gov to obtain letter.
Clinical and Field Work
Some degree and certificate programs offered by the college require students to obtain clinical or other field experience as part of their course work. Students with criminal convictions or drug use may have difficulty progressing in these programs. Hospitals and facilities may mandate that a criminal background check and/or drug screening check (at the student's expense) may be conducted prior to placement in a clinical or field setting. Students not passing these checks may be prohibited from participating in the clinical or field experience, thus rendering the student ineligible to satisfactorily meet the course/program requirements.