Study Abroad in China
This eleven-day study abroad program in China will provide an opportunity for you to experience Chinese art first-hand by visiting famous sculpture cave, major art museums, ancient temples and villages. The participants will get a taste of the amazing Chinese culture, traditions, and food.
In partnership with Maritz
March 13 – 24, 2019
Art Spring break in China
Thank you for your interest in the STLCC's China 2019 Study Abroad Program.
To apply for the program please complete the online study abroad application form:
Below is a general information about the program. More detailed info will follow.
China Program Highlights
Who Should Apply?
STLCC students and community members who are interested in the art, culture, and traditions
Students from other colleges and independent travelers who appreciate learning in a community of others are welcome to apply as well.
The program requires the ability to walk long distances both on uneven pavement and
All students must be 18+ years of age to participate.
Required: ART:100 Art Appreciation (3 credit hours).
Course may be audited.
Two mandatory pre-departure orientation meetings at St. Louis Community College-Forest Park will be scheduled.
The estimated program fee is $2800* per person based on double occupancy with a minimum of 12 participants.
The program cost includes:
- Airfare to/from China and airport transfers.
- Chinese visa fee and visa processing.
- Lodging in 4-5 star hotels.
- Daily breakfast and dinner.
- Transportation within China for the included tours.
- English speaking tour guides.
- Entrance fees to all included attractions.
- Tours and activities: Tian’anmen Square, Forbidden City, Beijing Park, Summer Palace, Hutong Tour. After dinner, Kong fu Show, The Great Wall (Mutianyu ), Nanluo Guxiang, Peking Duck dinner, Yungang Grottoes, the Hanging Temple, Shanghai History Museum, Yu Garden, old French Concession, Nanjing Road, the Bund, Pudong Lujiazui Area, Shanghai Pearl TV Tower, Financial Mansion, Wuzhen and the East Fence, Six Harmony’s Pagoda, Former Residence of Huxueyan, “West Lake Impression” show, West Lake, Lingyin Buddhist Temple, and more…
- Gratuities for tour guides and included meals.
- Limited emergency health and travel insurance.
The program does NOT include:
- STLCC tuition (3 credit hours)
- Gratuities other than specified above
- Lunches, dinners and snacks
- Independent touring
- Optional health and travel cancellation protection insurance (strongly recommended)
- Miscellaneous expenses
* This final price may vary due to number of participants, taxes, fees and exchange rate imposed by outside vendors.
To sign up for the program, contact Chris Sulincevski at 314-644-9671 or email@example.com
You can follow this payment schedule or pay quicker with larger payments:
- Immediate deposit to secure your spot . . . . . $250
- By Oct. 19, 2018. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $500
- By Nov. 20, 2018. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $1000
- By Dec. 5, 2018 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $1050
Full refund: Cancel before October 19, 2018.
Penalties and fees will apply for canceling after October 19, 2018.
No refunds for cancellation on or after November 25, 2018.
STLCC strongly recommends that in addition to the included program insurance you consider purchasing additional health and travel insurance to cover trip interruption and cancellation.
Space is limited to 20 participants. Apply today!
Yingxue Zuo, Professor of Art, has been with STLCC since 1998. He has taught courses
in painting and drawing for over 25 years. He had led nine art study abroad programs
to China, England, Italy, Prague, Spain, France, Hungary and Austria.
Yingxue received his MFA from Southern Illinois University. He has participated in 30 solo exhibitions and over 60 group exhibitions. His work is in numerous public and private collections including the Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas City, Ralston Purina, Southwestern Bell, and Hunan Normal University in Changsha, China. Yingxue has an extensive international academic and personal travel experience.
For information contact:
St. Louis Community College – Forest Park
5600 Oakland Ave
St. Louis, MO 63110
International Programs Coordinator
St. Louis Community College
5600 Oakland Ave
St. Louis, MO 63110
St. Louis Community College has made every reasonable effort to determine that the information stated in this brochure is accurate. Courses offered and other matters contained herein are subject to change without notice by the administration and/or Board of Trustees of the College for reasons related to enrollment, finances, scheduling, costs, or for any other reason. The College further reserves the right to add, amend or repeal any of the rules, regulations, policies, or procedures applicable to the program offered herein. Travel, housing, meals, and other logistical arrangements are provided by an independent contractor not affiliated with the College and the College assumes no responsibility therefore. Participants will be required to sign a statement releasing the college from any liability in connection with the program offered herein or the services provided by the independent contractor. Insurance coverage is recommended. The College is not responsible for losses resulting from lack of any insurance coverage.
St. Louis Community College is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities and employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran and shall take action necessary to ensure non-discrimination.
For information or concerns relating to discrimination matters, contact the Director of Student Conduct and Title IX Coordinator, Mary Zabriskie, at 314-539-5345.