Kitchen and Bath Design
Certificate of Proficiency (CP)
Offered through Arts and Communications
Students who enroll in this kitchen and bath certification program will be qualified for entry-level positions in the kitchen and bath industry. This kitchen and bath design is an integral part of the interior design function, and demand for this design specialty is expected to increase as homeowners remodel aging kitchens and bathrooms. National kitchen and bath st louis.
The recommended academic plan blends general education requirements with options for areas of concentration to ensure students get the most out of their certificate or degree.
- St. Louis Community College offers the only program in the St. Louis region that is accredited by the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- Learn from and network with industry professionals.
- Double-digit growth is predicted for kitchen and bath designers in coming years.
- NKBA Accreditation: The Certificate of Proficiency at STLCC is the one of only two programs in Missouri — and one of only 46 programs nationwide — that is fully accredited by the National Kitchen & Bath Association. Students who complete the certificate program will be eligible to sit for the Associate Kitchen and Bath Design exam.
- National Competitions: Students in this program have won regional and national recognition, including the prestigious NKBA Student Design Competition and Boardwalk Regional Student Interior Design Competition.
- Sit in on a class: We welcome prospective students to sit in on a class at STLCC. Please contact us to schedule a session.
- Faculty: All faculty members are certified kitchen and bath designers or National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) certified professional interior designers. STLCC instructors are experienced professionals who bring real-world experience to the classroom.
- Facilities: State-of-the-art facilities with the latest industry software programs:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google SketchUp
More than one million students have attended STLCC. It’s the largest institute of higher education in the region and the second largest in Missouri.
Faculty and Staff
All faculty members are certified kitchen and bath designers or NCIDQ certified professional interior designers. St. Louis Community College instructors are experienced professionals who bring real-world experience to the classroom.
The only program in the St. Louis region accredited by the NKBA and NASAD.
St. Louis Community College students in this program have won regional and national recognition, including the prestigious NKBA Student Design Competition and Boardwalk Regional Student Interior Design Competition.
The gainful employment regulation requires nondegree programs at community colleges to meet minimum thresholds with respect to the debt-to-income rates of their graduates. You can view the information for this program here as reported to the Department of Education.
Cost of Attendance
For more information on cost of attendance visit MoSCORES.
Program Career and Salary Information
Pursuant to Missouri HB 1606 (2018), information regarding the number of credit hours, program length, employment rate, wage data, and graduates employed in careers related to their program of study at St. Louis Community College can be found at https://scorecard.mo.gov/scorecard/. Search using School / Program “St. Louis Community College” and choose the degree or credential type of interest.
The following limitations to the data apply - Information provided is based on the most recent cohorts available. Typically, most recent cohorts for wage and completion data are six years prior to the current academic year. Time to complete a program of study varies depending on the number of credit hours students earn per semester.