Crisis Intervention & Suicide Prevention Hotlines
988—Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
24 hrs | 7 days a week: National suicide and crisis hotline.
- 988 lifeline (https://988lifeline.org/)
BHR—Behavioral Health Response
24 hrs | 7 days a week: This local community mental health center provides FREE "confidential telephone counseling to people in mental health crisis as well as mobile outreach services"
- BHR STL (http://bhrstl.org)
Crisis Text Line
24 hrs | 7 days a week: National suicide text hotline
- Text HOME to 741-741
- Crisis textline (https://www.crisistextline.org/)
The Trevor Project
24 hrs | 7 days a week: National organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- Text START to 678-678
- Chat at the Trevor Project
- the trevor project (http://www.thetrevorproject.org/)
Veterans Crisis Line
24 hrs | 7 days a week.
- Dial 988, then press 1
- text 838255
- Chat veterans crisis line
- veterans crisis line (https://www.veteranscrisisline.net/)
BHR Youth Support Helpline—St. Louis County
Emergency youth shelter (under age 19). 24 hrs | 7 days a week hotline.