Withdrawing from a Class
We understand life sometimes prevents you from finishing a class. If you must withdraw, follow these steps to make sure you get the best refund.
How to Withdraw
If you decide to drop a class, you must complete the Add-Drop-Withdrawal form and submit it to Admissions and Enrollment Services in person or via your mySTLCC email account. Keep the following in mind:
- You must withdraw from a class formally. If you stop attending or don’t pay, you are still registered and will receive a letter grade.
- The length of the class determines the deadline for withdrawing.
- If you are withdrawn from a class, you may no longer attend the class.
- The week ends on Friday. The week to withdraw from a class always ends on a Friday, regardless of what day of the week the class is held on.
- You will be refunded for the class if you withdraw before the deadlines. Each semester has deadlines that will determine if you are refunded fully, partially or not at all.
- Refunds are returned through a third party provider. If you withdraw from a class before the deadline, your refund will be processed from BankMobile.
- Summer classes have their own refund schedule. You will receive a full refund of payments made if you withdraw before the first class.
- If you have outstanding debt or a future balance with STLCC, refunds of any payment will be applied to that balance.
Withdrawal Time Frames
Length of Course
Withdraw by the end of the*
|15 weeks||12th week of session|
|14 weeks||11th week of session|
|13 weeks||10th week of session|
|11-12 weeks||9th week of session|
|10 weeks||8th week of session|
|9 weeks||7th week of session|
|7-8 weeks||6th week of session|
|6 weeks||5th week of session|
|5 weeks||4th week of session|
|4 weeks||3rd week of session|
|3 weeks||2nd week of session|
|2 weeks||1st week of session|
|1 week||3rd working day of session|
* All weeks end on a Friday.
Withdrawal Refund Amount by Time of Withdrawal
Length of Course
100% refund through the end of the*
80% refund through the end of the*
50% refund through the end of the*
|16 week session||1st week of session||2nd week of session||3rd week of session|
|12-15 week sessions||Week before session starts||1st week of session||3rd week of session|
|9 to 11 week sessions||Week before session starts||1st week of session||2nd week of session|
|8 week session||Week before session starts||4th day of session||2nd week of session|
|6-7 week sessions||Week before session starts||3rd day of session||1st week of session|
|4-5 week sessions||Week before session starts||2nd day of session||1st week of session|
|3 week session||Week before session starts||1st day of session||3rd day of session|
|2 week session||Week before session starts||1st day of session||2nd day of session|
|1 week session||Week before session starts||1st day of session||None|
*All weeks end on a Friday.
If you must withdraw from your class for medical reasons, you’ll need to complete the form and provide documentation. Contact the Admissions and Enrollment Services office at your campus for a detailed instruction sheet.
You will receive a refund if you’re called to active duty military service during the semester. To get the refund, you must complete the withdrawal procedures and supply a copy of the military orders.
Contact Admissions and Enrollment Services
Admissions and Enrollment Services offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m.-7 p.m and Friday from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on all campuses.
3400 Pershall Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63135
Student Center, SC-100
5600 Oakland Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
4115 Meramec Bottom Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63129