Withdrawing from a Class
We understand life sometimes prevents you from finishing a class. If you must withdraw, follow these steps to make sure you get the best refund.
Before You Withdraw
Please talk with an academic advisor and your instructor before withdrawing from your classes. Your academic advisor and instructor are the best people to talk with about what impact your withdrawal will have on your academic program and your eligibility to return. Contact Academic Advising.
Depending on when you withdraw, you may be required to repay all or part of the financial aid that has been disbursed for the term. Withdrawing may also make you ineligible for aid in the future semesters, even if you decide to continue your education at another institution. For more information, please contact Financial Aid.
How to Withdraw
If you decide to withdraw from a class, you may do so online; please note that you will see a drop-down menu next to the course where you may select your withdrawal option. If you experience issues when trying to withdraw, please email your campus Admissions and Enrollment Services.
Keep the following in mind:
- You must withdraw from a class formally. If you stop attending or don’t pay, you are still registered and will receive a letter grade.
- The length of the class determines the deadline for withdrawing.
- If you are withdrawn from a class, you may no longer attend the class.
- The week ends on Friday. The week to withdraw from a class always ends on a Friday, regardless of what day of the week the class is held on.
- You will be refunded for the class if you withdraw before the deadlines. Each semester has deadlines that will determine if you are refunded fully, partially or not at all.
- Refunds are returned through a third party provider. If you withdraw from a class before the deadline, your refund will be delivered with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc.
- Summer classes have their own refund schedule. You will receive a full refund of payments made if you withdraw before the first class.
- If you have outstanding debt or a future balance with STLCC, refunds of any payment will be applied to that balance.
Withdrawal Time Frames
Length of Course
Withdraw by the end of the*
|15 weeks||12th week of session|
|14 weeks||11th week of session|
|13 weeks||10th week of session|
|11-12 weeks||9th week of session|
|10 weeks||8th week of session|
|9 weeks||7th week of session|
|7-8 weeks||6th week of session|
|6 weeks||5th week of session|
|5 weeks||4th week of session|
|4 weeks||3rd week of session|
|3 weeks||2nd week of session|
|2 weeks||1st week of session|
|1 week||3rd working day of session|
* All weeks end on a Friday.
Withdrawal Refund Amount by Time of Withdrawal
Length of Course
100% refund through
80% refund through
50% refund through
|16 week session||1st week of session||2nd week of session||3rd week of session|
|12-15 week sessions||Week before session starts||1st week of session||3rd week of session|
|9 to 11 week sessions||Week before session starts||1st week of session||2nd week of session|
|8 week session||Week before session starts||4th day of session||2nd week of session|
|6-7 week sessions||Week before session starts||3rd day of session||1st week of session|
|4-5 week sessions||Week before session starts||2nd day of session||1st week of session|
|3 week session||Week before session starts||1st day of session||3rd day of session|
|2 week session||Week before session starts||1st day of session||2nd day of session|
|1 week session||Week before session starts||1st day of session||None|
*All weeks end on a Friday.
If you must withdraw from your class for medical reasons, you’ll need to complete the form and provide documentation. Contact the Admissions and Enrollment Services office at your campus for a detailed instruction sheet.
You will receive a refund if you’re called to active duty military service during the semester. To get the refund, you must complete the withdrawal procedures and supply a copy of the military orders.
Admissions and Enrollment Services offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m.-6 p.m and Friday from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on all campuses.
3400 Pershall Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63135
Student Center, SC-100
5600 Oakland Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110
4115 Meramec Bottom Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63129