The new Footprints 12 ticketing system provides you with the same great services you received from the earlier version of Footprints, but with many more new features. These features include a modern user interface, a Solutions area with answers to frequently asked questions, and a service catalog – which makes it easy to enter a ticket in the system. Footprints is available both on- and off-campus.
How to Access Footprints
When you are having trouble with technology, there are three ways to open a Footprints ticket:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the IT Help Desk at (314) 539-5113.
- Enter a ticket using Footprints by going to https:\\servicedesk.stlcc.edu
- To get help signing up and logging into Footprints please follow our walk-through below.
- Open the Footprints login page.
- The first time you access the new Footprints 12 tool, you will need to sign up for
the service. Select the Sign-Up link at the bottom right of the login page.
Enter your username and password, then select the Submit button at the top. We suggest you use the same username and password you use to access the STLCC network.
Fill in the additional fields of information on the next screen, including your first name, last name, and email address, then select Submit.
Once your account has been created, select the Login as New User button to return to the main login page. Your username and password will appear in the associated boxes; select the Log In button to open Footprints.
Note: If you are using an STLCC computer, you will not need to enter your username and password from this point forward.
- On the Footprints home page, select the New Ticket button at the top left. Alternatively, select one of the services listed in the Service
Catalog on the right. (Selecting from the catalog will route things to the correct
personnel more quickly.)
On the new ticket screen, add a short description, provide details about the issue, and add any attachments, if necessary, such as screen shots that show the error message. Select the Save button at the top of the ticket to save your progress. Select Submit when you are ready to send the ticket to the work queue.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a ticket number and a link to the Footprints ticket.
- If STLCC is experiencing a system-wide issue, it will appear in the Current Major Issues or System Notifications box on the main Footprints screen.
- To view your open tickets, select the Open Tickets tab at the top. Select the Closed Tickets tab to view completed tickets.
- Select the Search for Solutions tab to find answers to common questions.