Mission and Collections
Mission of the College
Empowering students. Expanding minds. Changing lives.
Mission of the Libraries
We deliver exceptional instruction, collections, and services to foster academic success and lifelong learning.
We inspire creativity, discovery, and lifelong learning through transformative teaching, services, collections, and collaborations.
- We prioritize STUDENTS FIRST by supporting their learning experiences and removing barriers to our spaces, services, and collections.
- We promote RESPECT FOR ALL through our inclusive and equitable delivery of instruction, services, and collections.
- We act with INTEGRITY and respect privacy while providing reliable information and services.
- We invest in COLLABORATION to achieve shared goals, pursue innovations, and foster beneficial connections.
- We use DATA to make well-informed decisions.
The library collection includes print, non-print and electronic materials. These materials support classes, research and general interest reading and viewing/listening. Materials can be located by keyword, subject, author, title or other search strategies by using the STLCC Libraries online catalog. The Libraries follow detailed collection development guidelines when acquiring materials.