Boeing Pre-Employment Training for High School Seniors
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Florissant Valley | Center for Workforce Innovation
A no cost program providing 208 hours of employer-specific instruction in aircraft assembly techniques for second semester high school seniors.
We are very excited to roll out our second run of the Boeing Pre-employment Training Program for high school seniors. We ran our first cohort of high school students in the spring of 2019. We started with 9 students, 6 graduated, all 6 are now working at Boeing.
We have 9 seats available for this high school students only class starting Thursday, Jan. 21, 2021 so we are requesting a quick response from interested students.
How to apply
- Students must send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put BOEING HS CLASS in the subject line of the email so it stands out. We get a lot of emails. Make sure to use an email address that can receive emails back from us. Usually school email accounts won’t accept external emails. Please be sure to include all skills, hobbies, tools and work experience that would reflect your mechanical aptitude on the resume. Resumes are due by Dec. 4, 2020.
- Students will be emailed a link to watch the virtual information session and a link to study for the WorkKeys assessments. This program requires the following WorkKeys scores: Applied Math – 4, Graphic Literacy – 4, Workplace Documents – 5.
- We will set up two dates for Q & A zoom calls with students, parents, and teachers.
- We will work with students to schedule their WorkKeys assessments. They must be taken onsite at STLCC’s Center for Workforce Innovation. If the student has taken WorkKeys at the high school we will work with the schools and/or students to obtain those scores. Retakes will be offered as time allows.
- Once the required WorkKeys scores have been met, we will schedule the Layout/Measuring Assessment. A study guide will be provided. This is an assessment of your ability to follow directions, interpret measurements, and measure accurately. This assessment is pass/fail and can only be taken once.
- We will need a letter from the school ensuring that the student has a good attendance record and is at no risk of not graduation in the spring.
- We will select the 9 students for the class.
- Daily attendance is mandatory.
- Please note that the program will adhere to COVID-19 guidelines (e.g. limits on numbers / distance in the building).
Build something amazing. Since 2007, Boeing and STLCC's innovative workforce development partnership has trained and positioned job candidates for successful careers at Boeing. Find out more on our Boeing pre-employment programs.
You may download the flyer for this program.
All activities and class sessions will be held at St. Louis Community College's Center for Workforce Innovation, 3344 Pershall Rd., St. Louis, MO 63135 which is adjacent to the Florissant Valley campus.
Classes: Jan. 21-May 10, 2021, Monday-Thursday, 4-8 p.m.
Graduation: May 11, 2021