Boeing Pre-Employment Training for High School Seniors
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Florissant Valley | Center for Workforce Innovation
A no cost program providing 208 hours of employer-specific instruction in aircraft assembly techniques for second semester high school seniors.
We are very excited to roll out our second run of the Boeing Pre-employment Training Program for high school seniors. We ran our first cohort of high school students in the spring of 2019. We started with nine students, six graduated, and all six are now working at Boeing.
We have up to 30 seats available for this class (high school students only) starting Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022, so we are requesting a quick response from interested students.
There is no cost for students. Program is funded by the Boeing Company.
How to apply
- Students must send their resume to email@example.com. Be sure to put "BOEING HS CLASS" in the subject line of the email so it stands out. We get a lot of emails. Make sure to use an email address that can receive emails back from us. Usually, school email accounts will not accept external emails. Please be sure to include all skills, hobbies, tools and work experience that would reflect your mechanical aptitude on the resume. Resumes are due by Oct. 29, 2021.
- Students will be emailed Information Session dates and are encouraged to bring parents and teachers to the session. Information Session attendance is mandatory.
- Immediately following the information session, we will work with students to setup WorkKeys testing dates. This program requires the following WorkKeys scores: Applied Math – 4, Graphic Literacy – 4, Workplace Documents – 5.
- We will work with students to schedule their WorkKeys assessments. They must be taken onsite at STLCC’s Center for Workforce Innovation. If the student has taken WorkKeys at their high school, we will work with the school and/or student to obtain those scores. Retakes will be offered as time allows.
- Once the required WorkKeys scores have been met, we will schedule the Layout/Measuring Assessment. A study guide will be provided. This is an assessment of your ability to follow directions, interpret measurements and measure accurately. This assessment is pass/fail.
- Submit a signed letter of recommendation from a faculty member at the school. This letter must state that there is no risk of the student not graduating, no disciplinary issues, and that the school recognizes the student as a good candidate.
- We will select up to 30 students for the class.
- Daily attendance is mandatory.
Start your aerospace manufacturing career now
Build something amazing. Since 2007, Boeing and STLCC's innovative workforce development partnership has trained and positioned job candidates for successful careers at Boeing. Find out more about our Boeing pre-employment programs.
All activities and class sessions will be held at St. Louis Community College's Center for Workforce Innovation, 3344 Pershall Rd., St. Louis, MO 63135, which is adjacent to the Florissant Valley campus.
Start date: Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022
Completion date: Monday, May 9, 2022
Monday-Thursday, 4-8 p.m.