CDL-A Professional Truck Driving
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Forest Park
The CDL-A Professional Truck Driving program is a 200 hour program which prepares the graduate to enter the commercial driving industry as an over-the-road truck driver.
Join us any Thursday to learn more about the Professional Truck Driving training program and to start the enrollment process.
Dates: Every Thursday
Time: 9:30-10:30 a.m.
Location: 5460 Highland Park building, St. Louis Community College Forest Park Park in Lot E, then walk across street to Highland Park building. Sessions held in classroom near front door.
Professional truck drivers are in high demand.
Enjoy financial security with a career that takes you where you want to go.
STLCC’s comprehensive truck driving program helps prepare you for a well-paying career in commercial truck driving, one of the fastest growing opportunities in the United States today. Gain substantial knowledge and practical skills needed to become an entry-level over-the-road or local truck driver.
Course curriculum exceeds the “Entry-Level Driver Training” (ELDT) standards mandated by the U.S. Department of Transportation - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). STLCC’s truck driving program ensures you receive the training and behind-the-wheel experience employers value.
STLCC’s Truck Driving Program Delivers:
- Classroom and lab instruction emphasizing safety, DOT regulations, trip planning, pre-trip inspections and more.
- Several hours of mastering skilled backing maneuvers, as well as urban, rural and highway driving.
- Experience shifting gears on a simulator in a safe environment.
- A 4:1 student-teacher ratio.
- Highly respected training recognized by employers as thorough, individualized and effective for Class A CDL preparation.
- Training and credentials you can take to employers of your choice.
— Kirk Pennington, graduate
Who Should Attend This Program?
Any individual, at least 21 year of age, with a good driving record, and a valid driver’s license, interested in starting a career as a transportation professional.
Apply online for Professional Truck Driver training
Cost of Program
Tuition: $6,000 | Need-based funding may be available.
DOT physical & medical exam: $175
4 weeks, Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
The following items/steps/qualifications are required:
- A valid driver's license,
- A recent copy of motor vehicle driving record for review (good driving record required),
- A Commercial learner’s permit (Class A without air brake restriction),
- Participants must be 21 years of age or older,
- Upon enrollment, you will be sent for a Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test and DOT Physical. A negative DOT drug test and a successful DOT Physical are required to be eligible to drive a combination motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 26,000 lbs in class.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate a level of English language proficiency through STLCC's ESL Assessment,
- Taking a WorkKeys Assessment is recommended and may be required to be eligible for
external funding. Minimum WorkKeys Scores:
Workplace Documents - 4
Applied Math - 3
Graphic Literacy - 4
How to Get Started:
Complete an online application and attend an information session. Download the fact sheet and intake checklist to learn more about this program and prepare for upcoming classes.
- Complete online application.
- Attend an information session on Thursday at 9:30 a.m. to begin the enrollment process.
- Download the Truck Driving Information packet.
After you have completed the online application, attended an information session and completed the checklist (inside Truck Driving Information packet), please contact 314-984-7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Schedule an appointment to provide required documentation
- Register and pay for tuition and fees
- Take the DOT Drug Test and DOT Physical
CDL Resource Links
CDL Job Now
Free CDL Practice Tests
Truck Driving Jobs in Missouri
Interested in becoming a Hazardous Materials Technician with a CDL-B license? Learn more here.
Want to stay in-the-know as new class offerings become available?
Click here email@example.com to add your name and email address to our distribution list. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time.