CDL-A Professional Truck Driving
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Forest Park
The CDL-A Professional Truck Driving program is a 200 hour program which prepares the graduate to enter the commercial driving industry as an over-the-road truck driver.
Professional truck drivers are in high demand. Enjoy financial security with a career that takes you where you want to go.
STLCC’s comprehensive truck driving program helps prepare you for a well-paying career in commercial truck driving, one of the fastest growing opportunities in the United States today. Gain substantial knowledge and practical skills needed to become an entry-level over-the-road or local truck driver.
Our thorough curriculum exceeds the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Proposed Minimum Standards for Training Tractor Trailer Drivers, ensuring you receive training and behind-the-wheel experience employers value.
STLCC’s Truck Driving Program Delivers:
- 40 hours of classroom instruction emphasizing safety, FMCSR regulations, trip planning and more
- 160 hours of behind-the-wheel and important hands‑on learning: pre‑trip inspections, skilled backing maneuvers, road time on a variety of roadways
- Gain experience shifting gears on a high-tech simulator in a safe environment
- 4:1 student-teacher ratio
- Highly respected training recognized by employers as thorough, individualized and effective
- Experience and credentials you can take to employers of your choice
— Kirk Pennington, graduate
Update as of May 20, 2020
Due to COVID-19, our information sessions have been moved to an online format (see details below). Our training program will be conducted based on guidelines provided by the local Department of Health and CDC. Visit STLCC's COVID-19 page for more information. We appreciate your continued support and understanding as we work to keep our community safe and healthy.
Join us online any Thursday to learn more about the Professional Truck Driving training program and to start the enrollment process. Seating is limited and on a first come, first served basis. Due to COVID-19, please check this web page for updates before attending an information session, as dates could change.
- Dates: Every Thursday, starting May 21 through July 30
- Time: 9:30 a.m. (lasts 1 hour)
- How to attend a session: To join the Zoom meeting for CDL-A Professional Truck Driving Information Session,
click this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87281971823?pwd=elZQZytJTWtJMWNQNGpVaEdzakZUUT09
Who Should Attend This Program?
Any individual, at least 21 year of age, with a good driving record, and a valid driver’s license, interested in starting a career as a transportation professional.
Cost of Program
Tuition: $5,750 | Need-based WIOA and SkillUP funding may be available.
DOT drug test: $65
DOT physical: $85
5 weeks, Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Program pre-requisites include candidates having a valid driver’s license, providing a recent copy of their driving record for review, and earning their commercial learner’s permit (Class A without air brake restriction).
- Taking a WorkKeys Assessment is recommended and may be required to be eligible for
external funding. Minimum WorkKeys Scores:
- Workplace Documents - 4
- Applied Math - 3
- Graphic Literacy - 4
- Upon enrollment, students will be sent for a Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test and DOT Physical; these must be completed prior to the first day of class. The DOT requires a negative DOT drug test and a successful DOT Physical to be eligible to drive a commercial motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 10,000 lbs.
How to Get Started:
Complete an online application and attend an information session to begin the enrollment process. Download the fact sheet and intake checklist to learn more about this program and prepare for upcoming classes.
- Complete online application.
- Attend an information session to begin the enrollment process.
- Download the Truck Driving Information packet.
After you have completed the online application, attended an information session and completed the checklist (inside Truck Driving Information packet), please contact Bahi Talundzic, coordinator, at 314-644-9786 or email@example.com:
- Schedule an appointment to provide required documentation
- Register and pay for tuition and fees
- Take the DOT Drug Test and DOT Physical
Refund of Fees
Refund of full tuition cost with notification of withdrawal in writing six (6) business days prior to first class. There is no refund of fees for the DOT Drug Test and DOT Physical.
Requests for withdrawals must be submitted in writing to the Professional Truck Driving supervisor or coordinator in person at STLCC - Forest Park, 5460 Highland Park Drive, St. Louis, MO 63110, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to: STLCC Professional Truck Driving, 5460 Highland Park Drive, St. Louis, MO 63110. Calculation of refunds will be based on the date the request is received in person, via email, or postmarked date.
- 50% tuition refund within five (5) days prior to the first day of class through the 5th day of class
- 25% tuition refund from the 6th day through the 10th day of class.
- 13% tuition refund from the 11th day through the 15th day of class.
- No refund after the 15th day of class
CDL Resource Links
Want to stay in-the-know as new class offerings become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.