The ESL Assessment is required of students whose native language is not English, and wish to register and attend classes at STLCC.
If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate a level of English language proficiency through STLCC's ESL Assessment.
Before you will be permitted to register for courses, you must first complete the following:
- Submit your application for admission at least 48 hours before testing, AND
- Complete the ESL Assessment, which includes a writing sample, computerized test, and an interview.
Test takers should arrive at the scheduled times, show picture identification (driver’s license or passport is required) and expect to complete the assessment and interview.
Locations & Dates Offered
(For more information, select the STLCC Campus where you would like to test.)
Tower G 229
5600 Oakland Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
ESL Assessment Schedule
- Monday thru Thursday 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Fridays 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- No Appointment Required
ESL Placement Interview - Take the ESL Placement Test FIRST
- Once complete, ask for a copy of the ESL Placement Interview Schedule
- Attend an ESL Placement Interview 2 or 3 days after testing
- This allows for ESL Staff time to review your Writing Sample.
- No appointment is required, but you MUST come during the schedule times.
11333 Big Bend Road
St. Louis, MO 63122
ESL Placement Test and Interview
Takes place on the same day
ESL Assessment Schedule
Testing available without an appointment.
|Wed.||August 7, 2019||9 a.m.|
|Mon.||August 12, 2019||5 p.m.|
|Wed.||August 14, 2019||9 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Tues.||September 10, 2019||10:30 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Tues.||November 5, 2019||10:30 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Tues.||November 12, 2019||10:30 a.m.|
|Tues.||November 19, 2019||5 p.m.|
|Tues.||November 26, 2019||10:30 a.m.|
|Tues.||December 3, 2019||10:30 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
|Tues.||December 10, 2019||5 p.m.|
|Tues.||December 17, 2019||9 a.m. & 5 p.m.|
Stay tuned for more ESL placement test dates for Spring 2020!
Prepare for ESL Placement
- You MUST submit your application for college admission 48 hours prior to testing.
- You MUST bring a form of photo identification and your Student ID "A" Number.
- Allow 2 hours for the ESL Placement Test and 1 hour for the ESL Interview.
- Register for the NSRW when you complete testing at (insert link to NSRW).
Email Forest Park Testing Center
Email Meramec Testing Center