Certified Welding Program
Accelerated Job Training
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Center for Workforce Innovation
Welding is an in-demand skill. Train for a new career as a welder and find opportunities for growth and advancement.
Certified welders are in demand.
STLCC's AWS Certified Welding Program is designed for individuals seeking a career in welding. In this accelerated program, train to:
- Achieve a complete understanding of welding symbols and print drawing and reading
- Use the correct procedure in setting up equipment and the skills used in welding
- Use SMAW (Stick) GMAW (MIG) FCAW (Flux core) and GTAW (TIG) machines in both pipe and plate welding
- Understand the physical aspect of different metals
- Develop the cognitive and physical skills necessary to pass certification tests in both pipe and plate welding
STLCC's Certified Welding Program offers:
- New welding lab with high-tech equipment from Lincoln Electric
- Experienced, certified instructor
- Short-term, accelerated training
- Students can test for multiple national welding certifications in accordance with American Welding Society (AWS) standards (2F – 4G)
Ready to get started?
If you're seeking a career in welding and are ready to apply, complete the form below to initiate your interview.
Want to stay in-the-know as new class offerings become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.