Manufacturing Job Skills Training
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Florissant Valley | Center for Workforce Innovation
This program prepares you for entry level employment and teaches skills to help you more rapidly advance your career in the manufacturing industry. Using meaningful, relatable experiences, your knowledge will be developed through classroom learning, industry tours and hands-on projects.
Classes start Jan. 28, 2019, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Prepare yourself with a balance of both the technical know-how and the ever-important soft skills employers seek for effective manufacturing productivity and employee advancement.
This program will help you to...
- Develop skills and learn success strategies for WorkKeys testing
- Learn how to exhibit qualities, attitudes and ambitions that employers seek:
- Foundational work ethic skills to bring your A-game to work
- Collaboration in team environments
- Effective communication of ideas, frustrations and suggestions
- Build a valuable base of manufacturing know-how:
- Measurements, drawings and blueprints
- Quality and safety
- Manufacturing process from raw materials to production to packaging
- 5S inspection checklist using Lean manufacturing principles
- Manufacturing business metrics
Tier I: January 28 through February 1
This section of the training focuses heavily on the following:
- Essential Skills:
digital literacy, financial literacy, WorkKeys remediation and full WorkKeys assessments
- Job Readiness:
soft skills training that include attitude, accountability, acceptance, appreciation and more
- Career Planning:
an introduction to manufacturing (is it right for you?), interview skills and resume writing
Tier II: February 11 through March 11
This section expands on the topics covered in Tier 1 and also includes:
- Career Pathway Skills:
safety, manufacturing processes tools & expectations, measurement; includes industry tours and hands-on projects
Offered at no cost to students selected for program. ($1,495 program fee for January program is funded under a federal grant.)
Learn more or sign up by attending an information session
Contact Gloria Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-513-4612.
- Tuesday, Dec. 18, 10-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 10-11 a.m.
Information sessions are held at the training location:
Center for Workforce Innovation
St. Louis Community College - Florissant Valley Campus
3344 Pershall Rd., St. Louis, MO 63135