Manufacturing Job Skills Training
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Florissant Valley | Center for Workforce Innovation
This program prepares you for entry level employment and teaches skills to help you more rapidly advance your career in the manufacturing industry. Using meaningful, relatable experiences, your knowledge will be developed through classroom learning, industry tours and hands-on projects.
Classes start again in the summer, 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Prepare yourself with a balance of both the technical know-how and the ever-important soft skills employers seek for effective manufacturing productivity and employee advancement.
This program will help you to...
- Develop skills and learn success strategies for WorkKeys testing
- Learn how to exhibit qualities, attitudes and ambitions that employers seek:
- Foundational work ethic skills to bring your A-game to work
- Collaboration in team environments
- Effective communication of ideas, frustrations and suggestions
- Build a valuable base of manufacturing know-how:
- Measurements, drawings and blueprints
- Quality and safety
- Manufacturing process from raw materials to production to packaging
- 5S inspection checklist using Lean manufacturing principles
- Manufacturing business metrics
The program is divided into two learning sections:
Tier I Learning:
This section of the training focuses heavily on the following:
- Essential Skills:
digital literacy, financial literacy, WorkKeys remediation and full WorkKeys assessments
- Job Readiness:
soft skills training that include attitude, accountability, acceptance, appreciation and more
- Career Planning:
an introduction to manufacturing (is it right for you?), interview skills and resume writing
Tier II Learning:
This section expands on the topics covered in Tier I and also includes:
- Career Pathway Skills:
safety, manufacturing processes tools & expectations, measurement; includes industry tours and hands-on projects
Learn more by attending an information session
Want to stay in-the-know as new cohorts become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.