Italian Language and Culture Study Tour
This study tour is an introduction to the language and culture of Italy. Attendees will have the opportunity to travel, engage in direct study, and experience life in Italy firsthand. This approach attempts to help participants gain insight and appreciation of the global community.
Who Should Apply?
- STLCC students, faculty, staff, and community members interested in the Italian language and culture.
- All students from Missouri community colleges and universities as well as independent travelers with an interest in educational travel and international studies.
- Students interested to improve their Italian language skills or acquire basic colloquial Italian language skills.
To sign up for the program complete the STLCC study abroad online application or contact Christopher Sulincevski at 314-644-9671 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Space is limited to 15 participants. Apply Today!
- This is a non-credit study tour program.
- Two mandatory pre-departure orientation meetings at St. Louis Community College will be scheduled.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a passport valid for at least three months beyond the return date.
- Any specific country entry requirements will have to be met
- Reading proficiency required.
- The program requires the ability to walk long distances both on uneven pavement and gravel paths.
The rough estimate for program fee is $3250* per person based on double occupancy with a minimum of 12 participants.
The program cost includes:
- Roundtrip airfare from St. Louis to Bologna
- Airport transfers in a private coach
- Lodging in apartments
- Morning classes in Italian language school
- Daily afternoon local cultural activities and tours
- Day trip to Florence
- Limited emergency health insurance
The program cost does NOT include:
- Valid passport (and visa fees if applicable)
- Meals and snacks
- Independent touring and personal expenses
- Optional health and travel cancellation protection insurance (strongly recommended)
* The final price will vary based on exchange rate, number of participants, taxes, and final quotes and fees imposed by college vendors.
You can follow this payment schedule or pay quicker with larger payments as long as the full amount is paid by February 15, 2023.
- Immediate deposit to secure your spot ……$250
- By Dec 15, 2022……………$1000
- By Jan 15, 2023……………$1000
- By Feb 15, 2023……………$1000
Full refund: Cancel before December 15, 2022.
Penalties and fees may apply for canceling after December 15, 2022.
No refunds for cancellation after February 15, 2023.
STLCC strongly recommends that in addition to the included program insurance you consider purchasing additional health and travel insurance to cover any trip cancellations and interruptions.
Tentative travel dates: June 10 - 17, 2023
Itinerary details will be available soon.
Diane Pisacreta, Professor of Psychology, has been a full-time faculty member at Saint Louis Community College for over twenty years. She began as a member of the Social and Behavioral Sciences department and has a long record of teaching both Psychology and Women’s Studies courses. Diane has a commitment to diversity and global education and during her time at the College has served on both the campus and district-wide diversity committees. It has been Diane’s goal to organize a study tour to Italy since she joined the College. She is uniquely qualified to lead this tour because she participated in a similar program when she was a student, but also, she speaks the Italian language fluently. Diane is a child of Italian immigrants, she has traveled extensively within Italy, and she is very familiar with the Bologna region.
St. Louis Community College has made every reasonable effort to determine that the information stated in this brochure is accurate. Courses offered and other matters contained herein are subject to change without notice by the Administration and/or Board of Trustees of the college for reasons related to enrollment, finances, scheduling, costs, or for any other reason. The college further reserves the right to add, amend or repeal any of the rules, regulations, policies, or procedures applicable to the program offered herein. Travel, housing, meals, and other logistical arrangements are provided by an independent contractor not affiliated with the college and the college assumes no responsibility therefore. Participants will be required to sign a statement releasing the college from any liability in connection with the program offered herein or the services provided by the independent contractor. Insurance coverage is recommended. The college is not responsible for losses resulting from lack of any insurance coverage.
St. Louis Community College is committed to nondiscrimination and equal opportunities in its admissions, educational programs, activities and employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran and shall take action necessary to ensure nondiscrimination.
For information or concerns relating to discrimination matters, contact the Director of Student Conduct and Title IX coordinator at 314-539-5345.
International Education Coordinator