STLCC to Present 14th Annual State of the St. Louis Workforce
St. Louis Community College will present the 2022 State of the St. Louis Workforce Report at a special event Wednesday, Aug. 31, at the STLCC-Florissant Valley campus.
The 2022 report features statistical findings and insights from the region’s employers and workforce. The report also will explore the pathway to job growth through the lens of the geospatial sector, immigration and entrepreneurship, while debunking common misperceptions about the role of each in our region.
Participants will hear perspectives from business, education and civic leaders about the workforce of the future, and the role employers, institutions and individuals can play in helping our region.
The 90-minute event will be offered both in-person and via Nine PBS’ stream on Facebook and will feature:
- Jeff Pittman, Ph.D., chancellor, St. Louis Community College
- Robert Bobroff, market president and publisher, St. Louis Business Journal
- William M. Rodgers III, vice president and director of the Institute for Economic Equity, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Angie Carr, vice president and Chief Impact Officer, Nine PBS
- Betsy Cohen, executive director, St. Louis Mosaic Project and author of “Welcome to the U.S.A. –You’re Hired!”
- Andy Dearing, president, Spatial STL Advisors, GeoFutures Initiative Lead
- Danish Nagda, M.D., CEO and founder, Rezilient Health
- Phyllis Ellison, associate vice chancellor, Workforce Solutions Group, St. Louis Community College
“This report is an extremely valuable tool that addresses in real-time the trends and challenges that are directly impacting not only our region’s employers, but our up-and-coming workforce,” said Kathy Osborn, CEO and president of the Regional Business Council. “In collaboration with St. Louis Community College and our key industry partners, we are able to help fill these gaps, strengthening the pipeline connecting talent with equitable opportunities in jobs that pay well and offer excellent benefits.”
In-person registration is sold out. Register today for virtual attendance. Registration includes a free digital copy of the State of the St. Louis Workforce Report upon release.
The State of the St. Louis Workforce initiative is made possible by STLCC Workforce Solutions Group’s media partners, collaborators and sponsors, including:
- Nine PBS and Pathways to Work
- St. Louis Business Journal
- Missouri Economic Research and Information Center (MERIC)
- Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and The Institute for Economic Equity
- St. Louis Regional Business Council
- Betsy Cohen and St. Louis Mosaic Project
- Andrew Dearing and Spatial STL Advisors
- Danish Nagda, M.D., and Rezilient Health
State of the St. Louis Workforce Event
Wednesday, Aug. 31, 9-10:30 a.m.