Hazardous Materials Technician with Class B CDL
Accelerated Job Training,
Offered through Accelerated Job Training
@ Forest Park | Off-Site
St. Louis Community College is offering a no-cost five-week training program for those interested in a career in hazardous materials.
Looking for hands-on work with competitive pay?
Learn to assess and clean up contaminated properties in the St. Louis Metropolitan area, as well as other remediation sites nationwide. Coursework includes certifications in hazardous waste operations, truck driver training (Class B CDL), and safe transportation of hazardous materials.
In five weeks, earn valuable certifications for your career in hazardous materials.
The Hazardous Materials Technician program prepares you with the knowledge and skills necessary to safely work with hazardous materials and transport hazardous waste, allowing you to pursue a high-wage career in the environmental remediation industry.
The core curriculum focuses on the skills critical for entry-level work in the field and quick advancement into lead roles. The Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and certifications for hazardous waste workers are the key to successful job placement. Students will learn about brownfields and Superfund sites in the St. Louis and surrounding areas.
Licenses and Certifications:
- OSHA 30-Hour: Construction & Safety
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- OSHA 7300: Permit-Required Confined Space
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- HAZMAT endorsement for the CDL
Next class: Winter 2022
5 weeks, Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
5450 Highland Park
St. Louis, MO 63110
No-fee, high value training. All books and materials provided. Training consists of 174 hours of instruction, including coursework and hands-on training.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must attend an information session, complete an interview and meet these prerequisites:
- 18 years of age or older
- Current, valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- B Commercial learner's permit
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Eligible for employment in U.S.
- Pass DOT drug test
- Pass DOT Physical
- Pass Transportation Security Administration background check for HAZMAT endorsement
- Ideal candidates will have knowledge of, or experience in, construction to include rehabilitation work and do-it-yourself projects
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate a level of English language proficiency through STLCC's ESL Assessment
Free Information sessions held every Tuesday at 1:30 -2:30 pm at 5460 Highland Park Dr., St. Louis, MO 63110
Ready for more? Complete the following form to schedule the required information session and interview:
Want to stay in-the-know as new class offerings become available?
Text STLCCaccelerated to 22828 and provide your email address. At the beginning of each month, you'll receive an emailed list of upcoming accelerated training programs. Easily unsubscribe at any time. Text message and data rates may apply.