You have enough to plan for at the start of a semester, a blow to your bank account shouldn’t be one of them. Make paying for college even more manageable when you do it in bite-sized chunks over the course of months.
Benefits of a Payment Plan
The sooner you register in classes and sign up for the payment plan, the smaller your monthly payments and the less you pay upfront.
- Spend money when you have it. We understand your money is fluid. Don’t let a low-point throw your education off course by paying in smaller, manageable installments.
- Feel better going into a semester. College is a commitment. Sometimes this commitment means cutting back on other demands, such as work. When you spread the cost of college out over a few months, you can go into the semester feeling confident in your bank account.
- Pay over time with zero interest. Since this isn’t a loan, you don’t pay a dime of interest. If you're thinking about a loan to make ends meet, check out how a payment plan could save you in the long run.
- Always qualify. There are no credit checks here. Every student who meets the requirements is eligible to enroll.
- Never miss a deadline. It’s easy for dates to sneak up and sneak by. Our plan offers automatic payments, so you can trust you’re on time.
NBS Payment Plan
STLCC offers a simple and secure way to spread tuition into payments. Offered by Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS), students can utilize this payment plan service for spring, summer, and fall terms. This is not a loan and no interest or financial charges are assessed.
- There is a $21 enrollment fee per semester.
- If a credit/debit card is used, a service fee of 2.75% will be assessed in addition to the enrollment fee.
Tuition (not including books) payments can be split in the two ways:
Automatic Bank Payment (ACH)
ACH payments are a simple bank-to-bank transfer of funds, which have been preapproved. Payments can be withdrawn from either a checking or savings account and are processed on either the 10th or 20th of each month until the balance is paid in full.
The monthly payment can be automatically charged to a credit card on the 10th or 20th of the month until the balance is paid in full.
Enrolling in a Payment Plan
Before you get started, you’ll need:
- Student A number
- Billing address and email
- Credit card or bank account number
- Log into Banner Self-Service, then click the NBS-Payment Plan tab
- Then click the NBS-Payment Plan logo graphic.
- You will now be directed to the NBS website, create your account profile.
- Set up other authorized users (optional).
- View summary of term charges and select a plan option, there is a non-refundable enrollment fee.
- Add banking or card information and select payment date option.
- Read all instructions and follow steps to complete your payment plan agreement.
Before you click the “authorize,” button please read through the Final Review and the Terms and Conditions carefully. You’ll receive a confirmation immediately after enrolling.
Payment Plans Are Accessible
We want to make getting an education easier. That’s why getting started with our payment plan is simple. Here’s how:
- Most students qualify. A payment plan is open to any student registered for classes and owes at least $100 for the upcoming semester.
- Joining is inexpensive. You only pay a small fee of $21 per semester you use payment plans. If a credit/debit card is used, a service fee of 2.75% will be assessed in addition to the enrollment fee.
- Registering is easy. You can sign up for the plan anytime, anywhere from Banner Self-Service.
Detailed Semester Plans
Payment plans are offered for fall, spring, and summer terms, see payment information and enrollment dates for more information.
Contact Student Accounts or a Campus Cashier
Have questions? Contact the Cashier’s Office.
In Person and by Phone: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
In Person: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday
By Phone: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m-4:30 p.m. Friday
In Person: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday
By Phone: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m-4 p.m. Friday
Harrison Education Center
By Phone Only: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday