Sisters in Tech
With the same great offerings from the STLCC's Tech Academy, Sisters in Technology will begin its first cohort in the fall 2022 semester. Start your path to a great career in technology at little to no cost!
STLCC Offers Careers in:
- FREE laptop with software
- FREE industry certification exams
- FREE tutoring and advising
- Financial assistance and scholarships to make the program little to no cost to you
- Paid internships; you can earn your degree while getting a paycheck
- Transportation and childcare assistance
- Assistance from a program specialist to help keep you on track to complete your degree and obtain a job
- Mentorship program with women in the industry and STLCC faculty
- Job shadowing opportunities
- Part-time and accelerated programs are also available
Who is Eligible?
- Must be a Missouri resident
- Be eligible for need-based financial aid as determined through completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or be in receipt of veterans benefits
- Be skills proficient in reading, and math OR have no more than two developmental course needs at time of program enrollment. Students with two developmental course needs must agree to attempt at least one of these requirements in the summer prior to enrollment in the program.
- Demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding
Interested? Let's Get Started
Students will complete web-based application/subsequent interviews conducted by department and retention specialist.
How to Get Started
- Attend orientation
- Complete a Memorandum of Expectations (MOE) outlining program requirements
- Agree to enroll part-time or full-time is preferred;
- Take a minimum of at least 9 credits per semester and 6 during summer months
- If you are a continuing or transfer student, and/or have 15 or fewer college credits in information technology at the end of the semester of application for the associates degree (or up to 25% of a certificate program); a minimum GPA of 2.0 (or advisor approval)