St. Louis Community College was awarded an Opioid Workforce Expansion Programs (OWEP) grant by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) in 2019 to train 120 paraprofessionals in the Additions Study program at STLCC. Individuals who qualify for the OWEP grant will receive up to $3,000 to pay for tuition, textbooks, bus passes, academic supports (writing and tutors), monthly seminars/workshops, and peer mentoring support. Tuition payments for the grant ends fall 2021 and all courses must be completed by May 2022.
Participants must be:
- Enrolled full-or part-time at St. Louis Community College
- Eligible to work in the United States
- A citizen of the United States or a foreign national having his/her possession of a visa permitting permanent residence in the United States
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to pass a background check
Students new or currently not enrolled at St. Louis Community College, must:
- Apply for admission
- Take the ACCUPLACER Test (grant will not cover the costs of remedial courses)
- Have transcripts evaluated, meet with an academic advisor and register for courses.
Questions? Please Contact Us
John Fallah, MSW, Ph.D.