Facebook pixel Applying for Aid

Applying for Aid

Apply for FSA ID

All financial aid applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) each year. To complete the FAFSA online application you should first apply for a FSA ID. If you are a dependent student, your parent(s) also may apply for a FSA ID.

With your FSA ID login, you and your parent(s) can electronically sign the FAFSA or make corrections to your processed financial aid information.

The FSA ID simplifies the application process and allows you to get your results faster. You can apply for your FSA ID online www.studentaid.gov/fsa-id.

How to Apply for Financial Aid

  1. Apply for admissions to the college and simultaneously apply for financial aid. You must be admitted and enrolled in an eligible certificate or degree-seeking program of study before financial aid can be processed.
  2. Complete the FAFSA online after January 1 for the upcoming academic year using (Title IV Code 002469) and your information will be sent to us. You can access your Students Aid Report (SAR) anytime on the web.
  3. Within 3-5 business days after completing the FAFSA you should check your Banner-Self Service account to verify that the college has received your Institutional Student Aid Report (ISAR). During the aid application process you may be chosen for Verification which will require additional forms and copies of tax transcripts. It is important that you start to turn in the required forms immediately and before processing deadlines to assure they have aid before the first day of class.
  4. Request academic transcripts from each post secondary institution attended. Academic transcripts should be sent to the Admissions office. You must complete and submit an academic transcript evaluation request obtained from the Admission's office, for your transcript(s) to be evaluated. Transcripts must be evaluated before your financial aid will be processed.
  5. Request online your Financial Aid Course Audit after you have registered to the Financial Aid office as soon as possible.
  6. Review your Banner-Self Service account to follow your progress and documents turned into Financial Aid office for processing and review your initial award.
  7. Because some funds are limited it is important to have all required documents in by the beginning of April. Financial aid packaging that includes Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) and Federal Work-Study (FWS) jobs normally begins in April. FSEOG and FWS funds are limited.
  8. Contact the Financial Aid office regarding financial aid eligibility for the next semester.
Back to top