Finish Line Degree Grant Program
The Finish Line Degree Completion Grant from Missouri Scholarship & Loan Foundation (MSLF) is a pilot program designed to assist Missouri student who have left school and are prevented from re-enrolling and completing a degree due to an outstanding balance with the institution.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Eligible students must be a Missouri resident.
- Eligible students’ past due balance cannot exceed $3,000.
- Eligible students must complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and have a current Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 12,000 or less.
- Eligible students must be financial aid eligible or have another funding sources to cover future courses.
- Eligible students must be current on student loan debt.
- Eligible students must be within 30 credit hours of degree completion and must meet with Academic Advisor and request My Academic Plan (MAP).
- Eligible student must meet satisfactory academic progress for financial aid recipients set by St. Louis Community College (STLCC).
- Eligible students must have a current bill from STLCC showing a past due balance. This can be obtained from Banner Self-Service.
- Eligible students must re-enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hour at STLCC per semester.
- Eligible students must meet with a financial aid counselor on either campus.
- Eligible students must complete an application via Scholarship Central.
- Eligible students must prepare a My Academic Plan (MAP) with STLCC Advisors and then upload to Scholarship Central.
Eligible students must upload a statement from STLCC’s business office to Scholarship Central showing the outstanding balance and detailed expenses.
How to Apply Online
Start at www.MyScholarshipCentral.org
Click the box that says “apply now.” To create an account, enter a valid email address and password to create a secure user profile that will allow you to complete the General Application. The system will send you an email with a link that you must click to confirm your account before you can proceed.
Complete the General Application
- Once you have confirmed your account password, log in again to Scholarship Central to complete the General Application.
- The General Application will ask for your contact information, GPA, college attending and other information. You will be asked to upload your most current transcript, which does not need to be an official transcript. If you cannot obtain a transcript at this time, please upload your My Academic Plan (MAP) so you can move forward to the next step.
- Click on opportunity and select “Ours” then select the “Finish Line Degree Completion Grant”
- Upload the following items within the application:
- My Academic Plan (MAP) prepared by you and an STLCC Advisor.
- A current bill showing the outstanding back balance owed to STLCC.
- Complete the process by signing the disclosure agreement in Scholarship Central (You will need to electronically sign this statement)
Please note: If you do not complete the degree or program, up to half of the past due balance may be reinstated by the college.
After completing the Finish Line Degree Completion Grant application, you may want to apply for other scholarships.
- Click “Opportunities” and “Recommended” to see if there are applications open for which you might be eligible. Scholarship Central includes applications for many other scholarships. You will need to apply for each of these scholarships individually after completing the General Application on Scholarship Central. Scholarship Central does not automatically apply for scholarships for you; you need to complete the questions for each scholarship to complete various applications.
- PLEASE NOTE you can only apply for a scholarship while it is accepting applications. Most scholarships accept applications January through April. Check Scholarship Central frequently to find new scholarship opportunities.