Facebook pixel Transfer Credit to STLCC

Transfer Credit to STLCC

You’ve put the work into your college courses, now make those classes work for you. The credit you’ve earned at another college can potentially count toward your degree or program at STLCC.

Transferring to STLCC

If you're transferring to STLCC to earn a degree or certificate, then you'll need to send your transcripts. We evaluate every college credit you transfer to see if it meets your declared program and degree requirements, saving you time and money. While we’re evaluating your credit, here are a few things to keep in mind:

  • Be degree seeking. In order to have your transcripts evaluated you must be seeking either a degree or certificate. We will not evaluate transcripts if you applied as a non-degree seeking student and chose selected courses as your major.
  • Classes must be complete. Courses marked as “In Progress” won’t count for STLCC credit until they have a final grade. After you’ve finished the term, submit your official transcript.
  • Send all official transcripts. We can’t start reviewing existing credits until we have official transcripts from every college you’ve ever attended.
  • Transcript evaluation takes no more than 30 days.

Can I appeal transfer credit evaluation decisions?

If you disagree with a decision regarding transfer credit, you can attempt to appeal a decision in these three steps:

  1. Contact Office of the Registrar. File appeal, along with documentation supporting your request to: St. Louis Community College-Forest Park, 5600 Oakland Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110, Student Center, room 230 or email to registrar@stlcc.edu.
  2. Write to the Dean. If the issue is unresolved, within 10 working days from the written response from the Registrar, you can then file a written request with the responsible Dean (or department chair at Wildwood). The Dean (or department chair at Wildwood) must hold a conference with you within 10 business days of receiving your request.
  3. File a request with the Provost. If after receiving the written response from the Dean (or department chair at Wildwood), the issue is not resolved, you must file a written request with the campus Provost within 10 working days. The Provost has 10 business days from the student’s request to hold a conference with the student. After a review, the Provost will provide a final decision within five working days.

Contact the Registrar's office

The registrar’s office is open Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Fridays 9 a.m.-4 p.m.

Back to top