You served your country with dignity, honor and courage. Now let us serve you. We want to help you make the most of your hard-earned benefits at STLCC.
As service members and now as veterans, the call to serve never ends. STLCC student veterans are connected with our community. Having fun is part of successfully completing our individual educational GOALS!
The end of your service means the beginning of something new. Why not make the most of your benefits by expanding your mind and beginning a new career in civilian life.
Continue an Existing Application
Prepare VA Benefits
- Apply for benefits at e-Benefits or VA.gov - Begin the application, by clicking the Education and Training tab, then How to
Apply. Upon approval you will receive your Certificate of Eligibility (CoE). You may
also print the Education Status page from the site and submit it until your official
CoE is received in the mail.
CH31-Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Department of Labor program facilitated by the Veterans' Administration to train or retrain veterans in viable careers and vocations following service connected injury or disability. *This benefit pays tuition and fees directly to the College. CH33-POST 9/11 GI Bill/Transfer of Entitlement Educational benefit awarded in months, according to accrued active/deployed service in support of Title 10 Contingency. Benefit transferred from Veteran to dependent is called Post 9/11 TOE. *This benefit pays tuition and fees directly to the College in percentages from 10% to 100%. Veterans are responsible for any percent less than 100%. CH35-Dependents Educational Assistance Educational benefit awarded to dependent children or spouses of eligible Veterans. *This benefit pays benefits to the Veterans. The student is responsible for paying tuition and fees to the College. A college payment plan must be set up prior to certification. CH1606-Reserve Educational Assistance Educational benefit for eligible members of Reserve components of US Armed Forces. *This benefit pays benefits directly to the member. The member is responsible for paying tuition to the College.
FTA-Federal Tuition Assistance
STA-State Tuition Assistance
Educational benefit for eligible Federal National Guard and Reserve components of the Army, Coast Guard, and Air Force. *This benefit pays tuition directly to the College, but does not pay fees. Fees are the responsibility of the member.
STLCC is a proud signer of the Department of Defense Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (the DoD MOU). Eligible member's DoD Education benefits (Federal or State Tuition Assistance) must begin this process with your unit Educational Service Officer (ESO) or your military counselor on your base.
Institution schedule of return of unearned TA funds.
Depending on the length of the semester and courses taken by each TA eligible student (total days, weeks or hours)
Percentage of return of unearned TA funds from the start of the semester up through the 60% course completion. At the 60% course completion, the percentage of return must be GREATER THAN 0%. STLCC veterans using tuition assistance will be refunded up to 60% of their tuition should the student drop or withdraw within the allotted period of time, according to semester withdrawal policy and guidelines.
- Meet Your SCO & Collect your Veteran’s Benchmark - Visit your campus School Certifying Official (SCO) to receive your veterans' packet. Included will be a Veteran’s Benchmark form. Take this form to the Advising Department to select courses and to make sure all the courses you select count toward completion of your Program of Study and then return it to your campus SCO with a copy of your schedule for certification. If you make any changes to your schedule, you must resubmit your Veterans' Benchmark and alert your SCO. Failure to do so may result in an overpayment and you may end up with additional cost of classes dropped.
- Register for classes - Once you’ve planned your semester with Advising, use your MySTLCC ID username and password to log on to Banner Self-Service to register for your classes.
Prepare for the Semester
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships - Looking for even more dollar signs to go toward your tuition? After you’ve registered for classes, take time to apply for Federal Financial Aid and explore our wide variety of scholarships. While you may have VA Educational benefits, you may still be eligible for additional funding for college through financial aid, scholarships, or grants--maximize your finding! For veterans specific scholarships and tuition reductions see Veterans' Scholarships in the Resources section below.
- Pay for your classes - You’re ultimately responsible for covering the cost of your classes. If your benefit does not pay the College directly or cover the entire cost of classes, you may pay the remainder by cash, check or credit card at the Cashier’s office on campus. You may also utilize the online pay option (payment plans) through Banner Self-Service. Be aware of how your program handles payment.
- Get ready for the semester! - Now that you’re officially enrolled, prepare for the semester by buying your books, getting your STLCC OneCard, parking pass and Metro U-Pass. Be sure to visit the Veterans' Resource Center (VRC) on your campus to learn about what they have to offer and establish your network of support.
Additional Resources for Veterans
My Next Move for Vets
Find your next adventure by exploring industries and finding careers similar to your military job.
Missouri Veterans Endeavor
If you need help getting on your feet, the Missouri Veterans Endeavor can help.
Greater St. Louis Honor Flight
Help send veterans to Washington D.C. to experience their memorial, free of charge.
Contact Veterans' Affairs
We want to help you transition smoothly. If you have questions about STLCC or using your benefits, reach out to the Veterans' School Certifying Official or visit the Veterans' Resource Center on your campus.
Forest Park & William J. Harrison Education Center
Location: Forest Park SC-108
Meramec, WildWood & South County
Location: Meramec AD-107
Assistant Coordinator Interim District Manager
Campus Veterans Resource Center Locations
VRC Florissant Valley - SC238
VRC Forest Park - F230
VRC Meramec - SC196