International Students

STLCC Welcomes International Students
Apply Today

International Students

The United States has many great opportunities for higher education, but these opportunities can have a high cost. Studying at STLCC is a great way to get the American university experience at nearly half the cost of public, four-year universities.

Start your U.S. journey

Create an easy transition to life as a college student in the U.S. To attend on an F1 student visa, simply  follow these steps to enrollment:

Submit an international student application

Your first step is to apply to STLCC by completing our free “international” application to become a degree-seeking student. After you apply, an enrollment services specialist will contact you directly to guide you through the rest of the application process.

Meet filing deadlines

If you are currently living outside of the United States, all admissions materials are due at least 60 days before the start of the semester.

If you are currently in the U.S. on a visa, all admissions materials are due at least 30 days before the start of the semester.

Login to Navigate

Use your MySTLCC username and password to login. Navigate will keep you updated on important deadlines, events and activities.

Submit your transcripts

When applying to STLCC, you will need to provide transcripts from secondary school and all colleges and universities you've attended. Transcripts must be sent via postal mail, directly from your university to:

St. Louis Community College-Forest Park
5600 Oakland Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110.

Additionally, all transcripts not in English must be professionally translated and sent directly from the translator to STLCC. 

If you decide to use a different translation service, ensure that your translated transcript includes:

  • Full courses titles
  • Final grades in each course
  • Explanation of grading system

Provide Proof of Finances

Financial planning is important when studying in the U.S. as an international student. Please remember:

  • According to U.S. law, you cannot work off campus during your first year
  • International students are not eligible for financial aid through the U.S. government
  • STLCC cannot provide housing or housing recommendations

To ensure you are able to pursue a degree without employment or additional aid, you are required to submit proof of financial ability. To do this, submit a financial statement that proves you, or your sponsor, have funds equivalent to the amount above, to support you through the entire school year. This statement must be dated within the past six months.

Cost of Living Estimate

Going to college in a different country can be a large financial commitment. Here's the estimated cost of living in the U.S. and the cost of tuition and fees based on a 12 credit hour schedule per semester. Summer classes are optional and are not included in the estimate.


One Semester

Fall & Spring




Books / Supplies



Living / Rent / Food



Health Insurance



Total U.S. Dollars



btn leftbtn right

Demonstrate English proficiency

Success in completing a degree at STLCC requires a minimum level of English ability. If English is not a primary language for you, choose one of the following to demonstrate your knowledge of the language:

  • TOEFL - to enroll, you must score a 500 or more for the paper test and 61 or more on the iBT online test.

  • IELTS - to enroll, you must earn a 6 or above on the IELTS.

  • Prior U.S. College - If you have previously attended another U.S. university or college, and have taken English 101-College Composition and passed with a grade of C or better, an official transcript from that school may enable you to waive this requirement.

F1 Student Visa and I-20 Form

  1. Submit a certification of finances such as a bank statement or letter from the
    bank that is less than six months old. This statement must confirm that the current
    balance of funds is equal to or greater than the yearly total of expenses for tuition,
    housing, food and health insurance.
  2. Submit a copy of your passport that has your photo, full legal name, date of
    birth, etc. The certification of finances and passport photocopy may be sent via
    email to:
  3. After you have submitted all of the required documents, STLCC will send you
    the Form I-20 that you need to request the F-1 student visa from the United
    States embassy or consulate. A detailed explanation of the Form I-20 and the steps
    on how to apply for the F-1 student visa can be found on the Study in the States
    web site.

F-2 Dependents

The spouse and unmarried minor children (under age 21) of the F-1 student may be admitted into the U.S. in F-2 classification, if each dependent presents a SEVIS Form I-20 issued in his or her own name and an F-2 visa.Conditions of Enrollment

Your student visa allows you to study in the United States, but there are certain requirements you must meet to keep it. These conditions include :

  1. Complete at least 12 credit hours each semester;
  2. Maintain a grade point average of 2.0 or greater;
  3. Make normal progress towards a degree by completing a program of study on or before the program end date on your I-20 form; 
  4. Provide STLCC with proof of health insurance coverage for one year. Health insurance is not an option, it is a requirement. You will not be allowed to register for classes until you submit proof of health insurance.

Our enrollment services department will send you a Conditions of Enrollment form to complete and return, to make sure you understand the expectations of an international student. You must also provide a copy of your passport and, if applicable, your I-94, visa and/or previous I-20.

Need help? Contact Enrollment Services.

Enrollment Services offices are open 8 a.m.-7 p.m CST. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CST Friday on all campuses.

Florissant Valley

Administration Building
3400 Pershall Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63135


Forest Park

Student Center, SC-100
5600 Oakland Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110



Clark Hall, AD-110
11333 Big Bend Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63122


South County

Main Office
4115 Meramec Bottom Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63129



Main Office
2645 Generations Dr.
Wildwood, MO 63040


Harrison Education Center

Main Office
3410 Cass Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63106


Back to top