Facebook pixel Residency Information

Residency Information

Avoid any surprises when paying for classes. Know what tuition rate you qualify for based on where you live and how to validate your address.

A resident student shall be defined as follows:

  • An unemancipated student who has not attained the age of 21 and is under the care, custody or support of the individual(s) having legal custody of the student and who lives in the district.
  • An emancipated minor student who has not attained the age of 21 and who is not under the care, custody and support of an individual(s) having legal custody, but who lives in the district.
  • An adult student who has established residence within the St. Louis Community College district. Maintenance fees for students residing in this country on permanent resident visas will be assessed according to the fee rates listed on the Tuition and Fees page.

How do I prove my residency?

Residency Proof must be provided prior to the start of the semester. Ensuring you’re paying the lowest maintenance fee possible is as easy as showing your driver’s license and, completing the NameAddressChange form which must be returned to Enrollment Services in addition to the proof of residency. If you don’t have a Missouri driver’s license, but live in our district, you can also prove residency with a:

  • Property tax receipt for either personal property or real estate
  • One-year lease in your name, or the name of the parent or guardian you live with
  • Copy of your federal tax return (form 1040)


Back to top