Although most of us no longer need to send or receive faxes, some industries and departments require faxed documentation. If you are a fax user, the following information is important.
What is my fax number?
If you are unsure of your fax number, please contact the IT Help Desk. Once you receive it, make sure to update your business cards, email signatures, forms, brochures, and websites.
How do I send a fax?
- Compose a new email message
- Change the "From" address to your shared fax mailbox.
- In the "To" field, type (fax number)@efaxsendsecure.com. Always include the calling code 1 at the beginning in a continuous string with no spaces or dashes.
- For example, to send a fax to 314-555-1212, enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can send a fax to multiple recipients by separating the fax numbers with a semicolon (;)
- Attach the documents you want to fax.
- Click send
How can I see my received faxes?
To review your received faxes, open the shared mailbox your department uses in Outlook.
What about FERPA & HIPAA?
eFax is HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI-DSS, Gramm-Leach Bliley, HITECH, Safe Harbor and FIPS-140-2 compliant and has a stamped Business Associate Agreement with STLCC as per HIPAA’s Omnibus rule. We use TLS encryption for secure faxing. There is also a secure portal option if required.
All STLCC employees should follow FERPA guidelines when dealing with any student information.