Welcome to Office 365
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a cloud-based suite of productivity tools from Microsoft. It empowers you to create, collaborate, and innovate through a host of email, calendaring, and premier applications that can be accessed from anywhere in the world, at any time, on any device. Whether working from campus or on the go, Office 365 is available wherever you are.
Office 365 includes Exchange email and calendar (Outlook), messaging and collaborations (Skype/Lync), One Drive, file sharing and content management, online version of Office applications, along with the traditional Office applications of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and many other business productivity applications.
Through Office 365, you can seamlessly schedule meetings, create and share documents, and collaborate in one secure and consistent platform. With more than fifteen applications – including the Microsoft Office Suite products you’re familiar with – you have more ways to unleash your productivity than ever before.
Benefits of Office 365 are:
- More Storage - 100 GB of email storage per user with enhanced security features
- Updated calendar – email reminders for events, improved search, birthday calendars, etc.
- New Outlook web access – a new look, better browsing capability, archiving, etc.
- Better integration with other Office 365 services, like OneDrive and SharePoint
- 1 TB of file cloud storage on OneDrive for business
- Improvements to document collaboration
- More comprehensive spam detection
- Additional out of office options
- Increased level of security by applying multi-factor authentication when accessing these services
- Increased reliability and redundancy with disaster recovery capabilities