Facebook pixel Field Experiences & Professional Licensure

Field Experiences & Professional Licensure

Some states require additional authorizations for out-of-state institutions to sponsor field experiences (such as internships, clinicals, practicums, student teaching) through its distance education programs. Please contact the Office of Distance learning prior to in enrolling in the programs listed below if you will need to participate in your field experience outside of the state of Missouri.

  • Clinical Laboratory Technology
  • Dental Hygiene
  • Funeral Service Education
  • Nursing
  • Occupational Therapy Assistant
  • Physical Therapist Assistant
  • Respiratory Care

Additionally, students should be aware that programs/courses that lead to professional licensure in the state of Missouri may not meet all the requirements for other states. If you are not a resident of the State of Missouri, you are considering an STLCC distance learning program which leads to professional licensure, and you intend to practice your profession outside of the state of Missouri, note that STLCC cannot confirm whether the course or program will meet your state’s professional licensure requirements. You will need to contact the state licensing agency in your state (or the state you intend to practice) to request additional information before you begin the program.

Back to top