Upward Bound offers academic enhancement activities that provide high school students with the motivation and academic skills necessary to successfully complete high school and enter post-secondary education. Upward Bound offers two components that can be virtual and or in person:
During the academic year, students will attend classes two Saturdays a month targeted towards academic and personal development at the St. Louis Community College-Forest Park campus.
- Instruction in reading, writing, study skills, and other subjects necessary for success in education beyond high school
- Academic, financial, or personal counseling
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural events
- Tutorial services-Online and in person
- Mentoring programs
- Information on postsecondary education opportunities
- Assistance in completing college entrance and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Work study positions to expose participants to careers requiring a postsecondary degree
Consisting of a six-week academic enrichment program, Upward Bound students take classes at the St. Louis Community College-Forest Park campus and participate in cultural and recreational activities. Students who successfully complete the program will qualify to participate in the Upward Bound Bridge component. Students that successfully complete the bridge component may earn up to seven college credits that are transferable to the college of their choice.
How to apply?
Does this sound like a program you would benefit from? It’s easy to see if you qualify, and we’ll help you through the process. Even if you don’t meet the federal requirements, our team will help you find other on-campus assistance that works for your individual situation.
Students now have the ability to message us via chat.
Chat Now with TRIO
TRIO Upward Bound
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mon.-Thurs.
8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. two Saturdays a month