Outlook/Exchange Moving to Office 365
In accordance with the College’s strategic goal and to accelerate our Digital Transformation, the email and calendar system for STLCC will be moving to Microsoft's cloud based software service, Office 365.
This move will allow St. Louis Community College to align with current technology, provide an improved customer experience, and take advantage of new features and functionalities. Please note that STLCC Information Technology (IT) will continue to manage the service for the College, but the underlying Exchange infrastructure and application will be hosted by Microsoft in their data centers located in the United States.
At this time, Information Technology is happy to report that the migration to Office 365 is complete. All email and Skype for Business accounts were moved successfully to Office 365.
Email migration involved many moving parts, and in some cases, account owners must reconfigure their devices with the new service. Your cooperation and participation were key to the success of the project. The project team thanks you for your support during this migration phase.
With this change, STLCC’s email service is now hosted off-campus. In general, interacting with your email on a day-to-day basis will remain unchanged. However, there are some key benefits:
- Mailbox quota size increased to 100 GB
- New Outlook on the web experience
- Better integration with other Office 365 offerings such as SharePoint and OneDrive
Faster iteration of new features
- Outlook on The Web (Known as webmail) will be accessible via the following URLs:
What You Need to Know
- Mobile devices will require initial configuration.
- Permission settings for sharing your calendar may not be transferred when we moved to Office 365. You may need to reset your calendar permissions after the migration as the default settings are for everyone to view “free-busy” information without details.
- Report issues to the IT Helpdesk at 314-539-5113.